Sun Sims  

Please help us pay the bills.        

Go Back   Sun Sims Forums > Sun Sims Community > Help Desk
FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2008, 06:39 PM   #1
Sita
Solar Max

Default Pregnancy and different sized Sims

Has anyone found a hack or workaround for this? My big fat Simmie ladies always revert to a very skinny shape when pregnant. I tried Squinge's pregnancy wear anything hack but they still revert, so I guess I am NOT one of those for whom it does...

I would like to be able to play them through their pregnancies but it bugs me so much I tend to speed them up, so they only have to be skinny for a few hours and the baby grows fast!

I have all EPs to FT installed.
Sita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:18 PM   #2
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

The clothing meshes have to have the pregnancy morphs installed for them. Maybe it's the same with the large-ladies nude meshes, too. It might be a matter of figuring out how to get the pregnancy option working for the specific meshes you are using.

Beyond that, I think I just told you more than I know about it.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:12 AM   #3
Hokieman
Solar Max

All of my body shapes revert to the maxis default sizes on the pregnancy clothes. It doesn't bother me so I just play'em as they are. I haven't experimented with other pregnancy clothes but they're out there.

Greg's right on the money regarding the clothing meshes, but the base mesh shape has to have them too.

Sita, you didn't say whether they go back to regular size in the shower or not. If they do, then the base mesh has the pregnancy shape built into it. Just curious, what shapes are you playing. MartaXL and Momma Lisa maybe? Ren Gal does have it built in to the base mesh as does pinup and 34DDex36. I suspect that the rest of Warlokk's shapes have it built in as well.I haven't had any of the other shapes go through pregnancy yet. Even so, when they get preggers, they revert to maxis default size on clothes.
Hokieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:26 AM   #4
Miros1
Goddess for Life

With the Squinge hack, you sometimes have to make a quick trip to the dresser to get them back into their proper bodies.

And as the guys said, both the clothes and the nude meshes need to have the morphs built into them.
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:17 PM   #5
Sita
Solar Max

All these clothes SAY when you download them that they include pregnancy morphs. But my Sims just wear the default the minute they find out the happy news (
MartaXL yes, not yet Momma Lisa. I thought I would try to get one body shape right before starting to reinstall the rest.
And no, the dresser didn't work. Should it give other options? I just got the Maternity option, not everyday. And that's default...
Oh well, quick pregnancies with them locked in their bedrooms with only a fridge and a toilet for company...
I never actually looked to see if they go back to their own size in the shower. I was looking at the clothes!
Old 03-11-2008, 03:52 PM   #6
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Ok, the dresser "thinks" they're in everyday clothes... what if you change them to undies, then back to everyday?

Squinge's hack works in my game, although most of my clothes don't have preg morphs!
Old 03-12-2008, 12:01 AM   #7
Hokieman
Solar Max

Another thought, have you tried changing the pregnancy clothes using the Insim wardrobe thingie?
Old 03-12-2008, 05:32 PM   #8
Sita
Solar Max

What Insim wardrobe thingy? I don't have Insiminator installed, don't think it's updated for Free Time yet anyhow and I've never used it. So far.

They do keep their own skin in the shower, hard to tell on these bods whether they are actually pregnant or not...
Old 03-13-2008, 12:32 AM   #9
Hokieman
Solar Max

Didn't realize you were running FT. And you're right, Insim hasn't been updated for it yet. But the Insim has a bunch of objects that do all sorts of things in addition to the main object that looks like the science aspiration award. One of them is a pile of clothes and will let you buy clothes, do everything the wardrobe will and immediately change to any outfit. One of those clothing choices is for maternity clothes. If you have any maternity clothes in your d/ls, then you can select it and it is supposed to replace the everyday materinity generated by the game for that sim. I have no idea what will happen in combo with the wearanything hack though. I haven't tried it with any of the bodyshapes other than default either so I don't know if will work for them as it does for the default shape. It's worth a try anyway if nothing else is working.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:34 AM   #10
homerette
Day late & a dollar short

You could always use the Wardrobe Wrangler from DJSims to classify some of the clothing as maternity and everyday. Then use your wardrobe/dresser to choose which maternity outfit you'd like to wear. After you've assigned or purchased it, of course.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:16 PM   #11
Sita
Solar Max

Thanks - that thread is very confusing. Does that hack work with Free Time?
Old 03-14-2008, 12:11 AM   #12
Hokieman
Solar Max

Wardrobe Wrangler isn't a hack - it's a stand alone program. Whether it will work with FT? Probably, as there is supposed to be no real difference between the files the various bodyshops generate and the bodyshop that comes with FT should be backwards compatible. Of course, it may not but hopefully, EA learned a lesson with Pets.

That said, I suggest you use a copy of a file to make the changes just to be sure you don't trash a favorite file until you know it will work properly with FT.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:47 AM   #13
Sita
Solar Max

Mmm looking at WW now.

My fat ladies now wear pregnancy dresses YAY! BUT Cassandra Goth is three days pregnant and still as skinny as ever (though she is walking pregnant-style) - in basegame clothes. So the hack seems to be a bit iffy... taking it out for now.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:59 PM   #14
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Yeah, I've got some pretty clothes that have no "preg-morph," so the mommas-to-be waddle around with no belly!

Personally, I'd rather have that than the ugly maternity clothes!
Old 03-28-2008, 04:44 PM   #15
Sita
Solar Max

so - the Maxian clothes don't have preg-morph? Do I need to download some pregnancy dresses for "normal" sized Sims?
Old 03-28-2008, 06:16 PM   #16
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Actually, it varies. Some Maxis clothes have them, some don't. Custom clothes, same way.

You might want to check out BlooM's "bigger rounder belly" meshes and recolors by OneBlondMomma on InSimAdult.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:35 PM   #17
homerette
Day late & a dollar short

There is a rather comprehensive collection of Maxis default-replacement meshes by themystical one that include a a preg-morph and tweaks the breast shape during preg.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:35 AM   #18
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Thanks for the link, Homerette! Now I'll have fewer "thin mommas"!
Old 03-30-2008, 09:48 AM   #19
Sita
Solar Max

ooh that's just what I need! Many thanks Homerette!
Old 11-05-2008, 01:01 AM   #20
Miros1
Goddess for Life

TMO is caught up to AL for the Maxis meshes. You might want to go check them out!