Banned

Default New game

Count the hijacked threads.

See if we can't beat page one.
shorty943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:03 AM   #2
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

I really love my dual-time zone battery-powered clock. It even has a temperature and date display.

I bought just before our trip down under in 1985. It helped to keep track of what time it was new New Zealand and Australia while reminding myself of what time it was back in Houston.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:21 AM   #3
shorty943
Banned

I always had trouble with the International date line.
Back and forth, back and forth.
Which day is it this afternoon? Oh, bugger, you mean my birthday was an hour ago? Hang on, back again? and now my birthday is still 6 hours away?
I want to go home now.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:21 PM   #4
Greg

Well, I think we just succeeded in establishing an unbeatable record in threadjacking! Just one message!
Old 08-17-2007, 07:39 PM   #5
Miros1
Goddess for Life

But you blew it by getting back on topic in post #4.

I hate Sim City 4!
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:21 PM   #6
shorty943
Banned

Yeah, I bought SC4 to build hoods, no damn good, TS2 can only import little SC4 terrains.
That was a waste of $29.95.

And, the beauty of this thread is there is no subject, it was hijacked right from the start.

Currently I am watching early morning international news on TV. Time is 0730 here now.

Yep, it is official, you folks in the US are now having a heat wave. Temperatures as high as 38 or 40 degrees celcius.
For a place that is snowed under for months at a time, that is hot. You are more than welcome to zip up some of that excess warmth and email it to me. Please. It's bloody freezing here. And of course the rain has stopped, all the paddocks look nice and green and lush, but, look closer and the earth is bone dry again. Mid winter, we still pray for the good follow up rains.

The western Pacific is battening down for a massive Typhoon running north up the South China Sea.

What else, Oh yes. That bloke with the big green truck got back from a trip last night.
So we drank beer and now my head is all blurry.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:52 PM   #7
Miros1
Goddess for Life

No, your head is clear. The world is blurry.

And SC4 is crashing on start now... apparently the last randomly occuring crash corrupted something...

Last edited by Miros1 : 08-18-2007 at 12:10 AM.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:29 AM   #8
Kaylyn
Rescuer of Kittens

So guess what? I'm now DM'ing sometimes in my Dungeons and Dragons group. We're meeting tomorrow night and starting a level 1 campaign, using the Expedition to Undermountain book that just came out, set in Forgotten Realms.

:P
Kaylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:24 AM   #9
Greg

Neat! I haven't done that in years 'n' years!
Old 08-18-2007, 02:40 AM   #10
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Cool! Guess something good came from dating Lee!
Old 08-18-2007, 04:10 AM   #11
shorty943
Banned

G-day Kaylyn, D n D. It must be my military years, but, I've sort of been there done that, for real. Those shoot em ups and war game things, I just can't get into.

With finances looking like coming good, I will certainly be buying the new version of a new training tool. http://www.shipsim.com is a professional maritime training aid, that also plays out, like a normal computer simulator. Start small, (NY Harbour water taxi) and work your way up to supertanker skipper. It is due for release in September.
And my copy of Live for Speed (www.lfs.net, will be registered, so I can join a racing league and become the "Champeen of the World". Or, crash and burn, what ever.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:54 AM   #12
Greg

I have sometimes considered digging up all my old D&D campaigns and putting together some online dungeonmaster guides, but when that happens I just play The Sims 2 until the feeling goes away.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:54 AM   #13
shorty943
Banned

I've suddenly realized, nothing has changed since I retired.

I started my working life in an engineers mess deck, one deck above the engine room.
I ended my working life in an engineer officers cabin, one deck above the engine room.
And I now live in a cabin like accommodation, above the farms generator and pump room.

Old 08-19-2007, 12:01 PM   #14
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Lol, my bro and sister-in-law moved to Florida. Came back for a visit. Middle of the night, the water pump comes on. She kept waking my brother asking if the pump was supposed to be that loud!

Hm, anyone got any idea which thread lasted the longest without getting hijacked?

The story thread doesn't count... that's even been hijacked in the side notes, although all posts have three words to continue the story!
Old 08-20-2007, 03:35 AM   #15
Greg

Hmm... it would be an interesting research project! And no fair threadjacking whatever it is just because you found it!

I agree; story threads don't count. Threadjacking is not allowed in story threads.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:17 AM   #16
Miros1
Goddess for Life

I meant the 3word story. The stories themselves have been 'jacked numerous times!
Old 08-20-2007, 06:24 PM   #17
Greg

Naw, a single off-topic post doesn't count as threadjacking. That's just someone being rude, whether it be through ignorance, social ineptitude, or just plain jerkiness. To count as a threadjacking, you have to lead the discussion away from the main topic.

If someone was persistent in trying to threadjack a story thread, the troll rules would apply; and that hasn't happened. People seem to pick up very quickly on the notion that it's not polite to scribble in someone else's book.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:16 AM   #18
shorty943
Banned

Agreed, that's an entirely different thing. Friendly conversations get hijacked back and forth in our lives almost every minute of every day, but we don't step into someone else's intellectual work. Conversation is like a wave on the sea, it comes and goes and comes back around again. But, some ones work in story form, that is an ocean current, that must be left to move its own way, as the author means.

It's a good thing this thread doesn't actually have a formal topic or the sys admin would be banning us all.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:25 AM   #19
Greg

Yeah, you do have a point. If we really had a problem with someone who was playing mind games by making off-topic posts, I'd have to do something about it. So far, though, the Sun Sims board has been largely free of pestilence.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:22 AM   #20
shorty943
Banned

That is the very reason I log in here Greg. A more mature residency.

Speaking of hijacking threads. Has any body heard from Wren since she mentioned flitting off to the Glastonbury mudbath. Poor little thing might still be stuck in the mud some where.