Please help us pay the bills.        

Go Back   Sun Sims Forums > Sun Sims Community > Open Forum
FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2007, 07:52 PM   #21
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miros1 View Post
You kind of did. Remember your Sim, Charlie, taking up with a teenage checkout girl because she was the only female he could find?
Yup, and that was before I installed Inteenimator or even the Insimenator.

I was thinking of trying it with an elder. It's not implausible that an elder fellow might take in a homeless teen and have a love relationship develop from that.

So I tried it. Didn't work. The only romantic interaction allowed between the two, even with the Inteenimator installed, is Flirt > Check Sim Out. They even had major lightning boltage going on and even wanted to get engaged to each other but the game would not allow them to do anything about it.
Editorial: We continue to suffer from someone else's naive and narrow-minded view of human behavior.

I used the Insimenator to change him back to an adult, and then they could again interact romantically. He had the option to Propose > Move In. She had the option to Propose > Go Steady.

As soon as they were Going Steady, they both had the option to Propose > Engagement and then Propose > Marriage.

Oddly, somewhere in the process, she became an adult. I changed her back to a teen but it bothers me that there are still bugs in all these bits of code.

I'm seeing other anomalies, too. I can edit characters using Danny's DMA toys and Christianlov's skin tone selector, but the modifcations don't stick. I save them game, but when I reload the sim, sometimes the changes are there and sometimes they are not.

I think this may be caused by Inteenimator. It seems to be preventing the game from saving certain parts of the character files. Now I'm beginning to wonder what benefit it has other than making it possible for teens to get married and get pregnant.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:11 PM   #22
Miros1
Goddess for Life

I suspect she "grew up" as a result of his "Propose>Move In."
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:21 PM   #23
Greg

I'm pretty sure it wasn't Move In that did it because she was still a teen then and could Propose > Go Steady.

It must have been Engagement or Marriage, which is not supposed to happen with Inteenimator.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:30 PM   #24
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
We continue to suffer from someone else's naive and narrow-minded view of human behavior.
Let's not talk about BodyShop insisting that elders and adults can't get married; adults and teens/children/toddlers can't be siblings; elders and teens (or younger) can't be grandparent/grandchild unless the adult parent is included in the family....
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:35 AM   #25
Greg

OK, we won't talk about those cotton-bloomin' dangnab frustrating noisome furshlugginer stupid limitations in Body Shop.