Sun Sims  

Please help us pay the bills.        

Go Back   Sun Sims Forums > Sun Sims Community > Open Forum
FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2007, 05:31 AM   #21
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

True, fans are pretty good about that sort of stuff!

Personally though, even if Sims 3 does turn out to be tweakable, it's gonna take several other features before I would ditch Sims 2 & take that leap. Namely:

1) It would have to run happily on the computer I have now, not require one where the motherboard is made out of soild gold, the procceser is half Pheonix, half quicksilver & the graphics card is only made by Tibetan Monks out of platinum dust & Yeti hair on alternate Thursdays.

2) When I say it has to run on my current computer I mean it has to run on it, not just load & maybe even boot up! (I really detest the whole minimum v.s required spec thing! Just tell me what I need to actually use the friggen thing!!)

3) It allows for in-game changing/buying of both Maternity & Infant clothes!!

4) When the Pet EP equivallent is released, there are more than 2 sizes of dogs. (If I could have Great Dane size Great Danes in the game, I might make the leap even if it's not tweakable!)

5) When the Pet EP equivallent is released, the Birds (and even Womrat thingys) have more interactions! (I have an African Grey parrot & 3 Chinchillas in RL, & they require/do more than just sitting & eating!)

6) When the Pet EP equivallent is released, there are reptiles (snakes, iguanas, etc) available for pets. (Get the idea I'm hoping for a really kick-butt Pet EP????)

7) It would be kinda cool if there was somekinda need/use for a washer & dryer. (The absence of these appliences has always seemed strange to me...)

8) There are better options for child care (think baby sitters or having grandma come over) than a brain damaged Nanny.

9) If there is an OFB type EP, one of the businesses you can run is a daycare.

10) It would be cool if there was an option for the 1/2 day Kindergarden for youngsters (Toddlers?) who could speak, walk & use the potty.

Well, there you have it. ZW's basic 10 things that Sims 3 would have to offer to seriously tempt her to make the leap. Happily, Sims 2 still holds more than enough excitment for me, so I'm really not chomping at a bit or anything. Oh! I almost forgot:

11) When the Pet EP equivallent is released, it includes buyable, ownable, interactable & rideable Horses!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2007, 09:21 AM   #22
mikedelaney16
Solar Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirconia Wolf View Post
11) When the Pet EP equivallent is released, it includes buyable, ownable, interactable & rideable Horses!!!!!!
That would be the International Showjumping EP
mikedelaney16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:15 PM   #23
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Quote:
3) It allows for in-game changing/buying of both Maternity & Infant clothes!!
Squinge has a "wear normal clothes while preg" hack. Means you're at the mercy of the Maxis artists who didn't put preg morphs into everything...

Quote:
4) When the Pet EP equivallent is released, there are more than 2 sizes of dogs. (If I could have Great Dane size Great Danes in the game, I might make the leap even if it's not tweakable!)
If there were daschund sized daschunds in the current game, Greg would have installed it by now!

Quote:
5) When the Pet EP equivallent is released, the Birds (and even Womrat thingys) have more interactions! (I have an African Grey parrot & 3 Chinchillas in RL, & they require/do more than just sitting & eating!)
Well, they do require cage cleaning (and corpse disposal). You can also talk to the parrots for Charisma training.

Quote:
7) It would be kinda cool if there was somekinda need/use for a washer & dryer. (The absence of these appliences has always seemed strange to me...)
Kelly has some nice ones that work as wardrobes.
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:36 PM   #24
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedelaney16
That would be the International Showjumping EP.
Hey, whatever! Just so long as it allowed for "working" horses! That way my hermit & cowboy/girl type Sims would have a more belivable mode of transportation. Cars, motorcycles & the various other user-made things just aren't suitable for all Sims. (Come to think of it, why isn't there even a bicycle option in Sims 2?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miros1
Squinge has a "wear normal clothes while preg" hack. Means you're at the mercy of the Maxis artists who didn't put preg morphs into everything...
I managed to find a Seasons & InTeen compatible version of Squinge's hack. It actually works pretty well, especially now that I've added the Wardrobe Menu option, via InSim. I've also been selectivly downloading some user-made Maternity stuff (that I can buy/set as Everyday clothes) & even replaced the freaky Maxis defaults with some nicer stuff, for those times when I'm just too freaking lazy to use any cheats!

Quote:
If there were daschund sized daschunds in the current game, Greg would have installed it by now!
So that's what he's waiting for!

Quote:
Well, they do require cage cleaning (and corpse disposal). You can also talk to the parrots for Charisma training.
Well, yes but I was kinda hoping for more, especally from the larger parrots. At the very least they could play with toys in their cages...and maybe even have bigger cages in the first place? They really haven't "improved" too much from their Sims 1 incarnations, all things considered.

Quote:
Kelly has some nice ones (washers) that work as wardrobes.
I'll have to check those out. At least it would make the houses look more realistic!
Old 07-30-2007, 02:17 PM   #25
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Quote:
I'll have to check those out. At least it would make the houses look more realistic!
Somewhere around here, Greg claims his Sims were mudwrestling and managed to get their clothes dirty enough to require laundry detergent!
Old 07-30-2007, 02:19 PM   #26
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Oh man!

I don't supose he got any pictures???
Old 07-30-2007, 05:03 PM   #27
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

12) Throw away the personality module and start over. Make them sane!

13) Hire someone who speaks English to edit out the gruesome grammar and malignant malaprops.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:04 PM   #28
Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirconia Wolf View Post
Oh man!

I don't supose he got any pictures???
Rose was exaggerating. One of Anja's character tags is that she enjoys playing with her washing machine.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:25 PM   #29
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Oh well. That would have made a great picture...

I like your "Sims 3 Improvements" 12 & 13! Some sanity is much needed...though they are better than the Sims 1 Sims!
Old 07-30-2007, 08:45 PM   #30
Miros1
Goddess for Life

No, S1 Sims could be explained as stupid. S2 Sims are slightly smarter, but mean and nasty to make up for it.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:00 AM   #31
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Quote:
No, S1 Sims could be explained as stupid. S2 Sims are slightly smarter, but mean and nasty to make up for it.
Which makes me wonder what the Sims 3 Sims would do for "compensation" if indeed they are smarter than Sims 2 Sims.

(I still prefer the Sims 2 Sims to the bathroom-obsessed Sims in Sims 1!)
Old 07-31-2007, 03:18 AM   #32
Miros1
Goddess for Life

lol, I have to use Bathroom Uses You to keep Sims 2 Sims from congregating in the bathroom!
Old 07-31-2007, 04:09 AM   #33
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Quote:
lol, I have to use Bathroom Uses You to keep Sims 2 Sims from congregating in the bathroom!
I finally put in the nopeeobssesion mod (pretty sure it's from MATY) which makes sure any visting Sims have empty bladders when they arrive. (It's wierd: do the Maxis folks only visit their neighbors when they've gotta go???)

I still say Bob Newbie was the worst about the whole bathroom thing! (At least he was on my computers...)

I never quite figured out the whole "Bathroom Uses You/Business Runs You" MATY mods (& sure as heck wasn't gonna post for help) & have cobbled together a hodge-podge of smaller mods to suit my purpose.

The vistitors in my hoods are usually more intersted in playing Fetch or Finger Wiggle with the resident "woofums" or "flickas" than they are about interacting with the host(s). (Well, except for eating, anyway...)
Old 07-31-2007, 08:38 AM   #34
Miros1
Goddess for Life

What "Bathroom Uses You" does (in the default configuration):

When a Sim takes into their little head that they need a pee or a shower, BUY takes over and queues up "use toilet." This causes the BUY icon to replace the original item in the queue, with the toilet as a secondary icon below it. Once the toilet business is finished, the shower or tub in the same room replaces the toilet as the secondary icon. BUY can also add other secondary icons, such as "repair toilet" (plunge) or "repair shower" if the piece of plumbing is clogged or broken. After everything is finished, the Sim is booted out of the bathroom.

Now if you've got separate lavatories and shower rooms, like most of the dorms, you need one in each room, and you need to configure each of them to "Room" so it will pick up on the fact that the room doesn't have a complete set of equipment.

Also in dorms... if you've got male and female facilities, you need to configure BUY to reject the other gender, otherwise you'll get a deadlock when BUY tries to send a male through the female only door or vice versa.

If the male bathroom is sufficiently far from the female bathroom, you can configure it to "Radius" so that one 40 simolean roll of t.p. can cover both the lavatory and the shower room. When you do this, watch the flashing icons carefully -- make sure it only picks up the plumbing you want it to.

What BUY does for you besides kicking Sims out when they've finished their business: When you College->Rampage or Macro->Skillinator or Macro->Caffeinate, it will automatically send your Sim to potty when needed!

This picture is the result of a combination of BUY (mom) and the Baby Controller (dad):

Yes, Mom is admiring BlooM's sexy feet!

Last edited by Miros1 : 07-31-2007 at 08:41 AM. Reason: added cute screenshot
Old 07-31-2007, 06:09 PM   #35
Greg

I haven't tried using Blooms Sexy Feet yet. Don't you need new meshes for every outfit that shows feet?
Old 07-31-2007, 06:49 PM   #36
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Yes, but so far I've only replaced the nude bottom. I was sooooo tired of the hooves on the nudes!
Old 07-31-2007, 07:37 PM   #37
Greg

That would be the default size nude bottom?

(I'm not even sure what all Bloom has attached the feet to.)
Old 08-01-2007, 03:33 AM   #38
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miros1 View Post
Yes, but so far I've only replaced the nude bottom. I was sooooo tired of the hooves on the nudes!
Sounds interesting...

Will these feet mess up other default replacement skins?

Where can I find them?
Old 08-01-2007, 04:14 AM   #39
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Sadly, BlooM took them down while checking into the Poser TOS. The one Margie is wearing in the screenshot above has toes and "molded" private parts as well as the hair painted onto the skin. The feet seem to be appropriately colored, so I assume the jwilson5 default replacement skins are ok.