Sun Sims  

Please help us pay the bills.        

Go Back   Sun Sims Forums > Sun Sims Community > Help Desk
FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2007, 12:47 PM   #1
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Default Tutorial or source needed: shower proof skins

Well, my sock puppet, Angelita, is demanding I make her some clothes for Sims2. And since she's a 19 year old Charismatic Babe with a certain addiction (think Romance Sim), she wants to be a little "big in the business." Since I'm not her sugar daddy, I'm not buying her implants, so I'm thinking about 34Cnat-36. (I need a new siggy picture for the Complete Mafia board too, otherwise the bimbo would be wearing Maxis standard.)

Clothes are obvious... Just download Warlokk's meshes and skin some for her... but how do I keep her from going back to the standard Maxis 34 in the shower? From what I've read, I need a "showerproof" skin. Now to the meat of my questions:

1) Does anyone know of a nice showerproof skin, approximately S2 or a bit darker (she's Italian, natually), preferably anatomically correct, that works with Warlokk's 34Cnat-36? This question might be moot, I'm still rummaging through Warlokk's stuff and might find it on my own?
2) If not, is there an easy tutorial somewhere? Actually, I probably should learn to do this anyhow, so the tutorial would be appreciated even if I find the skin I want.
3) Do I just pick this skintone in BodyShop/CAS or do I have to use Christianluv's Skin Changer?

Last edited by Miros1 : 05-11-2007 at 03:15 PM.
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:13 PM   #2
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Found the answers for 2 and 3: http://warlokkstower.googlepages.com/bodyshapeguide

Still digging through Warlokk's stuff for #1... If anyone has suggestions for a normal skin they think looks Italian, please yell and I'll convert it for my purposes.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:46 AM   #3
homerette
Day late & a dollar short

There are some pretty anatomically correct ones at insimadult.net and the non anatomical link is in that post as well. I've used the tan and dark for my Italian sims before. They may not suit your purposes, but they're what springs to mind first.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:55 AM   #4
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Thanks! I'm poking through my collection and not finding anything that says "Italian" to me...

Haven't tried Stefan's skins before...
Old 05-12-2007, 04:01 AM   #5
Miros1
Goddess for Life

OOOH! Those are the nice ones I saw when I was just surfing around and stupidly didn't bookmark! Thanks much Homerette!
Old 05-12-2007, 05:42 AM   #6
homerette

You're welcome, glad to be of service.

Last edited by homerette : 05-13-2007 at 07:54 AM.
homerette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:15 AM   #7
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Perfect!
Old 05-12-2007, 11:12 PM   #8
Miros1
Goddess for Life

While I was making the skin showerproof, I also put some body hair on the guys... Now to test all my assorted bits!
Old 05-13-2007, 07:55 AM   #9
homerette

Lookin' good!
Old 05-14-2007, 05:22 PM   #10
Sita
Solar Max

ooh she's lovely! I got my showerproof skins at Insimadult as well - I like a bit more colour. Is she going to be downloadable anywhere, Rose? She would really knock 'em dead!
Sita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:34 PM   #11
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

It's not too hard to adapt other skin tones to Warlokk's body shapes. You just export both versions, then copy the color you like over the Warlokk .bmp files. Don't overwrite the .package file.

You'll need to adjust anatomical details as necessary to match the body shape. That's easiest done by using one of Warlokk's nude clothing outfits and making a new outfit with the skin tone as the texture.
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:36 PM   #12
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Sita: She's got so much custom stuff in her already, I feel kind of weird putting her up. If nothing else, I need to contact @Stefan, the original creator of that gorgeous olive skin tone and ask if it's ok to distribute it converted to one of Warlokk's meshes. That's probably not the hair I'll use when I play her. I think it's one of XMSims standard browns, so it will be that color, just another style. I think her facial geometry is straight off one of Nailati's replacement face templates, because I haven't even tinkered with her face yet; maybe thinner cheeks. Gonna have longer eye lashes for sure!

Now she's yammering at me that she wants implants so I'm gonna post on the Complete Mafia board and ask the guys how big... probably a mistake! They'll want knockers that will give her a backache for sure! Fortunately implants are easier than shoes... someone else has already done the meshing!

I've been too busy mutilating her skintone and clothing with BodyShop. Sadly, very little of that can go up... It's all "export files" from downloads that I think are her "style" and import back into a project based on one of Warlokk's meshes. Greg did kindly give permission to repost his sports bra and shorts sets, so they'll be available!

Greg: I think all the naughty bits are already in the right places. I seem to have misplaced my nekkid top and bottom "garments," but I'm seeing the right things through my converted mesh undies! (Yes, the conversions will be downloadable too!)