Sun Sims  

Please help us pay the bills.        

Go Back   Sun Sims Forums > Welcome to Sun Sims! > All About Sun Sims
FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2007, 12:49 AM   #1
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

Default Rules and Community Standards

This temporary list of rules has sufficed for a year and a half, so I'll stop promising to have more formal rules some day. What you see is what we're about folks!
  1. Sun Sims is a completely free site for fans of the computer game, The Sims. (And anyone who wants to talk about anything else that I'm interested in, which is really just about everything within human experience.)

2. I do need to ask for some help to pay the bills, so I put up a PayPal begging button on June 5, 2007.

I even figured out how to recognize folks who help pay for site!

If I can figure out who you are and unless you tell me not to, I'll add you to the "Donors" group and you'll have this nifty little banner under your name.

3. Keep discussions and content appropriate for a PG13 kind of audience. That includes usernames, signatures, and custom user titles.

4. Please post messages only in the English language.

5. There's always a risk that you might download something from this site or follow a bit of advice from a member that damages your game or causes you some other kind of grief. You assume full responsibility for such events and hold harmless Suns Sims and its contributors.

6. Do not post stolen material of any kind, or links or references to sites run by criminals, or to sites in the criminal network that link to criminal sites. We're serious about dealing with crooks here: no notice; no excuses; no appeal; no second chance; instant permanent ban.

7. There are many sites on the web that welcome drama, political hate-mongering, promotion of illegal drugs, and the fringes of human society; this is not one of them.
    Trolls, don't waste your time. Our policy is to delete troll posts without comment, discussion, or remorse.

8. This isn't a democracy. You're most welcome and encouraged to exercise your freedom of speech on your own web site.

9. We strongly support capital punishment for spammers.

10. And the number one rule: Be nice; and have a good time while you are visiting Sun Sims.

Last edited by Greg : 09-25-2008 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Tidying up.
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:29 PM   #2
Greg

Added note about domain maskers and spammer domains: If I cannot resolve the domain name that you used to access this site, and if it doesn't look like a legitimate Internet Service Provider, I will not activate your account on Sun Sims.

If you are a real Sims fan and this causes a problem for you, talk to your Internet Service Provider. Oh, and kill a spammer. Once all the spammers are dead, this level of security will no longer be necessary.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:30 AM   #3
Greg

Just a reminder of rule #6:

Do not post stolen material of any kind, or links or references to sites run by criminals, or to sites in the criminal network that link to criminal sites. We're serious about dealing with crooks here: no notice; no excuses; no appeal; no second chance; instant permanent ban.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:19 PM   #4
Crystal
Addicted Anjafan

Yes sir!!

I already knew that but I just wanted to tease you. Its one of the reason I like your sites Greg because everybody is nice and honest.
Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:38 AM   #5
Greg

As you were... as you were...