Sun Sims  

Please help us pay the bills.        

Go Back   Sun Sims Forums > Sun Sims Community > Open Forum
FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2008, 01:52 PM   #1
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Default Ping Greg! Secret Society without Abductions

Apparently, TwoJeffs doesn't like the abductions either, so he bypassed them!

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php/topic,7.0.html

That post also has a sensible fix for assignment litter -- the Dormies are less likely to start new assignments and more likely to finish old ones!
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 02:16 PM   #2
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

TwoJeffs is quickly becoming my "Modder Of Choice". His stuff is awesome & a terrific alternative to other, less desirable people's stuff.

Also thought I would add: For anyone (like me) who was patiently waiting for an AL version of InTeen, you should know that Jase (InTeen's creator) recently suffered a complete & total computer meltdown, which marks the official end of InTeen. (He had no backups & it would be at least another year to rewrite the core InTeen files from scratch, given his new work & home life duties.) InTeen is still fine for up-to-FT games, & you can find it in it's own section at TwoJeffs Simbology site.

While this is certainly sad, there is hope! It seems I was not the only person who's favorite feature of InTeen was the way it allowed for YA's to have families while still at College; in fact Ancient Highway (a modder who hangs around Simbology) has taken up the challenge & come up with his own mod, that only effects YA families & pregnancy issues...with NO teen woohoo/pregnancy stuff!

So, if you are like me & find the whole YA stage impossible to play without InTeen- but don't give a hoot about teenagers fooling around- then take a trip to Ancient Highway's Ancient Castaways site & grab his University Family mod. http://www.ancienthighway.net/cs/index.php (AH says his mod should work with any game configuration, too...)
Old 11-30-2008, 02:56 PM   #3
Miros1
Goddess for Life

My teens woohoo just fine with just ACR -- I really don't want to have to deal with teen pregnancy.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:53 PM   #4
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

TwoJeffs's hack sounds like just the thing to get rid of that dadgum nuisance in University, although I've had fun killing off the NPC cult members all these years.

I find the whole University thing to be an excercise in tedium. Perhaps Ancient Highway's hack will help with that.

Hmm... in the University Families thread there's an Inteenminator flavor pack. Do you have to have Inteenminator installed to use a flavor pack?

Last edited by Greg : 11-30-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:28 PM   #5
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miros1 View Post
My teens woohoo just fine with just ACR -- I really don't want to have to deal with teen pregnancy.
Yeah, that's why I love Ancient Castaway's mod; it gave me what I wanted (Young Adult families) without worrying about knocked-up teens. I was always wary of ACR as I thought it would be a disaster with InTeen...but now that InTeen is out of the picture, I'm thinking about giving ACR a try...as soon as I am certain I can still control which Sims are "committed" & which Sims are "loose".

Greg:

The InTeen Residential Graduates file just prevents the game from automatically kicking graduated Young Adults out of the College Hood after 48 hours, like they are in an un-modded game. Graduated YA's age to Adult & simply stay on campus...as long as they are in a Residential lot. You can use it with or without Ancient Highway's mod. These Adults can get jobs just like in a non-campus Hood. (InTeen is not needed for this "flavor pack" to work. It's a stand alone thing.)

The AH_UniFamilies mod allows for YA's to get pregnant & give birth on campus. Also allows babies, toddlers & even teens to grow up on campus lots...though there is a little quirk with teens being forced to YA if you leave the lot (fixable via Sim Modder or InSim) but I never leave families on campus that long, so it's a non issue for me.

So, in short: use UniFamilies to allow for births & such, and use the Residential Graduates if you want complete control over when a graduated Sim moves back home. Or use just one...they are independent or each other.

The whole "University" thing is, IMHO completely unplayable without these two mods. From what I am reading of other post on Simbology, I am not alone in that opinion!
Old 12-01-2008, 11:40 AM   #6
Greg

Thanks, ZW! For sure, people wouldn't go through such trouble to write elaborate mods for the game if they liked the way it was right out of the box.

I haven't tried it yet but, for the record, now I've installed all these goodies from Ancient Highways:
ah_TeenTeachHhomework
ah_UniFamilies
ah_YAEnabledPregnancy
ah_YAMarriage
ah_YAweddingarch
InTeenimater_FlavorPak_ResidentialGraduates
I don't have InTeenimater installed. I used to have it but took I it out because it conflicted with another hack that I wanted even more.

I also installed TwoJeffs's No More Secret Abductions.

Now all I need is some time to play the game!
Old 12-01-2008, 01:38 PM   #7
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
I find the whole University thing to be an excercise in tedium.<snip>
I drive their grades to the max as quickly as possible, then let ACR take over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirconia Wolf View Post
<snip>but now that InTeen is out of the picture, I'm thinking about giving ACR a try...as soon as I am certain I can still control which Sims are "committed" & which Sims are "loose".<snip>
Yes, you can! You set the neighborhood token to the way you want most of your Sims to behave, then set your more chaste and promiscuous Sims individually.

There's also a "saner" jealousy mod that can be used with or without ACR, also configurable by 'hood or Sim.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:11 AM   #8
Greg

I think I just twigged to why The Sims falls short of simulating real life: It's predictable. Once you have learned what will happen, your sims are just rats in the same maze.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:10 PM   #9
Miros1
Goddess for Life

So after you play for a while, your goals are to build better mazes?
Old 12-02-2008, 11:34 PM   #10
Greg

I did that once. It was amusing for about ten minutes.