Sun Sims  

Please help us pay the bills.        

Go Back   Sun Sims Forums > Sun Sims Community > Open Forum
FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2008, 03:44 AM   #21
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

The very first thing I did in Riverblossom Hills was change the seasons from Winter, Spring, Fall, Winter to Winter, Spring, SUMMER & FALL.

It drives me nuts when a Hood doesn't have all 4 seasons in the right order...

-ZW
Old 09-06-2008, 04:02 PM   #22
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

Was that unique to Riverblossom Hills? It sounds like a silly blunder that ought to have been caught before they published the expansion pack.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:45 PM   #23
pompkyn
Herald of the Dawn

Well I bought BV yesterday You didn't tell me that I can "put away leftovers" ROFL....that was so cool and I had my sim drink the potion so I could play with the new turn-on/offs.

She is my community *easy* girl Romance Sim...gawd..now she has the aspiration to sleep with the help and lots of them...

I tried to get her to woohoo with bigfoot, but no dice. Just wanted him to move in with her...But it would be kinda funny I guess. Does he stay in the house forever? Or decides to leave after a time? Curious now....
pompkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:48 PM   #24
pompkyn
Herald of the Dawn

Oh! And the roof choices look the same to me Greg, but I suck and making houses, so I try to just redecorate maxis made ones. I did make a house but it was absolutely HUGE....I liked the way it turnrd out, but I think the square footage should have been about 1/2. If I can figure out how to make it downloadable I will post it for critique.
pompkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:51 PM   #25
Greg

Maybe she needs to entice Bigfoot with some beef jerky.

The roof choices would be listed under the commands you can enter. With OFB, we got something like "roofslopeangle," but it applies to all roofs on the lot. I have heard that with later expansion packs, you can apply it to any roof segment.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:34 PM   #26
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
Was that unique to Riverblossom Hills? It sounds like a silly blunder that ought to have been caught before they published the expansion pack.
Yes, it's unique, just a stupid thing that slipped by quality control. If you make a custom hood or open up a previously played hood, it has the normal sequence of seasons. You can adjust the seasons to your liking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pompkyn View Post
Well I bought BV yesterday You didn't tell me that I can "put away leftovers" ROFL....that was so cool and I had my sim drink the potion so I could play with the new turn-on/offs.
Yeah, leftovers are great, the kids can get leftovers for their after school snack!

Quote:
She is my community *easy* girl Romance Sim...gawd..now she has the aspiration to sleep with the help and lots of them...
I had wanting to be friends with 5 Service NPCs, but not to sleep with them. I should drag out Chelsea Cheez and see if she gets that want. She's been with 3 already (and 4 kids to prove it)!

Quote:
I tried to get her to woohoo with bigfoot, but no dice. Just wanted him to move in with her...But it would be kinda funny I guess. Does he stay in the house forever? Or decides to leave after a time? Curious now....
I have a horrid suspicion that he'd revert to bigfoot behaviors. Somewhere around here, I've got a link to a tutorial to give NPCs a mental transplant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
The roof choices would be listed under the commands you can enter. With OFB, we got something like "roofslopeangle," but it applies to all roofs on the lot. I have heard that with later expansion packs, you can apply it to any roof segment.
Yes, there's a way to do that. It should be a tool, I'll look for it tonight on my Pets/Seasons install.
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:31 AM   #27
Greg

I'm wondering if I install only Bon Voyage, will I have the roof slope tool? Of all the expansion packs out right now, I'm most tempted to risk install Bon Voyage because of all the cool stuff and Apartment Life because of the ceilings.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:40 PM   #28
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pompkyn
I tried to get her to woohoo with bigfoot, but no dice.
Not that I would encourage such a thing, but there is a brand new mod by Treeag over at MTS2 that enables all romantic interactions with the big guy.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=297521

He can even get married, have babies & change his aspiration via the usual methods. Now if someone would just make a female Bigfoot, that would be uber awesome!

HCDU reads a "conflict" with InTeen (which I have started using again now that Jase caved & said he will release an AL update) but I suspect that as long as InTeen loads first it will work just spiffy. Haven't got a chance to test it out yet though.

As to the roof slope thing, the two different cheats are:

roofSlopeAngle [value] for all roofs on the lot
&
individualRoofSlopeAngle [value] for just the roof you select

I took a peek inside the Bon Voyage Read Me file & didn't see them listed though, so it appears that while many game features are "carried over" to the next EP, cheats are not one of them.

Oh, & believe it or not, the "funky" weather set-up in Riverblossom Hills wasn't an over site, it was planned. Well, at least according to the Prima Seasons Guide. (I have all the Prima Guides for all the EPs btw. That's why I'm always saying "according to the Prima Guide...". I'm not smart enough to figue this stuff out on my own, so I cheat!)

-ZW
Old 09-08-2008, 05:22 PM   #29
Greg

*blink*

Why would they intentionally mess up seasons in Seasons? I can't think of a reason to do this.

Last edited by Greg : 09-17-2008 at 01:34 PM. Reason: tpyo
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:08 PM   #30
Miros1
Goddess for Life

I can see intentionally making a neighborhood like that for, say, Nome Alaska, but Nome Alaska isn't a farming comunity!
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:25 PM   #31
Kaylyn
Rescuer of Kittens

I believe they figured that in introducing the new neighborhood for people to dive right into and experience Seasons, they'd want to experience Winter first, and longest, since it is the extreme opposite of the perpetual summer the Sims are accustomed to...to show off the differences better.
Kaylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:54 PM   #32
Greg

That seems reasonable since they left out summer, although the idea is about as dumb as they could get.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:14 AM   #33
mishmish0759
Rising Sun

I have ALL Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs except Ikea <sorry too many to name>
I like Apartment Life_but it needs to be patched... I beleive their are some glitches; like getting a roomate for one. I think though that players may get tired of decrating or redecorating their apartment everytime it`s vacated and another Sim moves in.
I beleive their is a cheat I read somewhere that takes careof that,but i haven`t tried it yet.
I personally haven`t tried the witches tet,but my oldest daughter has, and she loves it
mishmish0759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:41 PM   #34
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

I have AL, but it is sitting on a shelf crying because I refuse to install it until there is a working Official Patch.

(It is crying because it can see me on my PC from it's shelf & wants in on the fun! I feel bad for it...but not bad enough to screw up my game right now!)

Right now, the feature I am most looking forward to is the ability to change the height of stuff you put on a wall. Witches are cool too, but the wall thing will totally rock!

-ZW
Old 09-17-2008, 03:09 PM   #35
Greg

Just think: All those little electronic people with their noses pressed up against the plastic on the box, forlornly hoping to get to come out and have their little electronic lives. How sad.