Sun Sims  

Please help us pay the bills.        

Go Back   Sun Sims Forums > Sun Sims Community > Open Forum
FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2007, 04:05 PM   #1
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Default Post pictures of your Sims being especially stupid here!

Chelsea Cheeze doing yoga in the street. Can you tell her father is a Grilled Cheese Sim?

(Click for bigger picture)
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:11 PM   #2
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

What exactly is Chelsea Cheeze doing out there in street?

That's Annette, the DMA Sims handybabe, after she fried herself while trying to repair the Deadly Dishwasher. Danny didn't believe it could happen.
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:38 PM   #3
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Lol, only her face got sooty! My sims get full body soot too. Or did she get the full body effect and manage to wash the rest off?

Chelsea is out in the middle of the street doing yoga (click the thumbnail for a bigger picture). In her defense, her house is almost as big as her lot so there's not much room in the yard. I just thought doing yoga in the middle of the street with your husband's car pool trying to get past you was pretty stupid looking!
Old 04-20-2007, 04:43 AM   #4
Greg

That was after she took a shower and got dressed. If I recall correctly, she ran around like that until I replaced her with a fresh download.
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:37 PM   #5
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

(Alrighty, here's my first attempt at posting a picture. I have no idea what the rules are about image size, so I'm winging it. I hope this works...although, given what the picture is, I may be asked to never post again! )

While I can't say this is strickly a "Sim being stupid" thing, it's at the very least a thing that raises a few questions & concerns, the first one being I wonder if that new Childhood Crushes hack I just installed is responsible, or has poor Nervous Subject just been alone far too long?

Cue music "...they called it Puppy Looooove..."

(That's Nervous & his newly adopted dog Laika, if anyone is wondering. )
Old 07-15-2007, 08:52 PM   #6
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Lol, it's funny even if it's not stupid!

Someone on Maty said they consider the farty hearts to be more like "heard a nasty rumor about a Sim's love life" rather than "Sim is personally in love with other Sim."

Um, if you used deleteallcharacters, did you go in and clean up the SDNA, SREL, and SCOR resources?

Last edited by Miros1 : 07-15-2007 at 09:54 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:19 AM   #7
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

I haven't used the "delete characters" thing at all, actually! I read in your "How To Prevent Ugly Townies" post where you cationed agaist it, as it could leave stuff behind that may lead to a BFBVFS, so I chickened out.

I don't like BFBVFS.

For my "Townie Replacement Project" I first grabbed all of Nailati's templetes, then picked through TONS of templetes on MTS2 untill I pieced together a complete set. (Including replacements for the Pollination Tech & PlantSim genetics! )

After I was done with that, I settled on deleting everything in the Program Files/N001 Character folder (after zipping up a backup copy) & just picking slowly through my Riverblossom Hills, Pleasantview, Strangetown & Veronaville hoods with SimPE & a fine tooth comb (& your excellent instructions) to weed out some of the various un-met Townies.

I am, however, currently testing 2 new behavior mods, one that enables Childhood Crushes & one that is suposed to let Teens roll some of the more "Adult" wants if you have an InTeen/WooHooTeens type program installed. (I'm always looking for good story enhancements! ) While niether one reads as conflicting with anything else I have (thankyou HCDU! ) there is definately something strange happening here!

As for my mod tests, the "Teen Wants" one seems to be doing it's job (Tybalt Capp has now come-on to 4 women, all grownups, including the Garden Club Lady! ) & I won't know about the Chilhood Crushes one untill I get back to a family with children.

So, getting back to Nervous & his...er...lil "problem", I'm thinking it is probabely a by-product of somekind of hiden "mod clash" or something?

It could also be a problem with "Junk Townie Syndrom", as it's known on the InTeen site. Apparently some of the charcters in Strangetown & Veronaville contain "bab data" that is never a problem unless you install InTeen, which "relies on the integrity of this data", to quote the manual. Thankfully, InTeen will fix this data itself, but I have to spawn the Sim-in-question's Biological Clock, which I haven't done yet to Nervous, since he doesn't have a girlfriend yet...though it looks like he's about due!

At least there are no hearts in his relationship panel! Oh, & incase anyone is wondering, while Laika is most greatful for having been rescued from the local shelter, she still thinks of Nervous as a very good friend & nothing more!

Last edited by Zirconia Wolf : 07-16-2007 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Fixing wording
Zirconia Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:18 PM   #8
Greg

What does the biological clock do?
Old 07-16-2007, 05:44 PM   #9
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Yep, a lot of the Maxis made hoods were scratch built, so many Sims from them aren't quite "perfect."
Old 07-16-2007, 07:47 PM   #10
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
What does the biological clock do?
It's basically the "Master Control" for many of InTeen's features, which you need to "spawn" to use. To do that, you just click on a Sim (Teen, YA or Adult*) & look for a lil pink & purple alarm clock to appear nearby. This is the Biological Clock for that Sim (they are not interchangeable) which lets you set things like Birth Control use, Fertilly Treatments, etc,.

The "bad data" that the InTeen manual talks about is normaly not a problem, but the InTeen program needs to use it for something or other & if it's messed up it can cause strange stuff to happen. Fortunately, InTeen will "fix" this "bad data" automaticaly, ethier when a Sim gets pregnant or when a Sim's Biological Clock is spawned & the game is saved.

As for exactly how InTeen's magic clock does this is not explained in the user guide (which is ok by me 'cause I'm sure it's waaaaay over my little head) but I know it works as I have already cured several Sims of "Junk Townie Syndrom" already with the spawn/save thing.

I just forgot to try it with poor Nervous Subject. I'm not even sure (yet) if that is what's going on here or not (as I said I am currently playing "musical mods" ) but that's okay, since I got a pretty big laugh out of this picture!

*Elders will only have an option to show the "version #", as Elders can't get pregnant in the game.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:18 PM   #11
Greg

Aha! I trried out the Biological Clock. It didn't seem to have much effect but maybe I haven't played enough to see it.

I still haven't figured out why the "Try For Baby" option shows up but the sim won't do it. I'm sure there's a conflicting hack in here somewhere.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:27 AM   #12
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
I still haven't figured out why the "Try For Baby" option shows up but the sim won't do it. I'm sure there's a conflicting hack in here somewhere.
If the Sim in question is a Teen & has more than 8 days left in their "teen-age-stage", they won't be able to try for a baby (or Move Out, Get Engaged/Married/ etc) because InTeenimater adds the "requirement" that a Sim needs to be 18 to do so. (18 is defined as 8 or fewer days left untill growup time.)

You can get around that by installing the "No Age Of Consent" flavor pack.

If that's not the case/doesn't help, then you're right & good luck on your Conflict Hunting!

On the subject of conflicts, I know that HDCU doesn't detect everything in that department & was wondering if there is a program that does...
Old 07-17-2007, 01:27 AM   #13
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Hm, thought HDCU was the best... I've never heard of anything considered better.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:27 PM   #14
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miros1 View Post
Hm, thought HDCU was the best... I've never heard of anything considered better.
It might be...I just ran into a couple conflicts it didn't spot.

No harm done (no BFBVFS, ayway!) & since it was really my stupidity (got careless with some un-tested mods) I don't blame HDCU.

Oaky, getting back (hopefully) to the purpose of this thread, here's another "it-may-not-be-stupid-but-it-still-made-me-laugh" picture, from (a now defunt incarnation of) Strangetown:

Apparently the Repair Lady has had enough & has choosen "Death By Compactor" as a way out.

Or maybe she just loves the smell of garbage in the morning....
Old 07-27-2007, 10:35 PM   #15
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Well, it looks stupid, so it qualifies!
Old 07-28-2007, 02:16 AM   #16
Greg

What a tragic way to go!
Old 08-13-2007, 02:16 AM   #17
shorty943
Banned

Greg, did Annette get her face cleaned up?

Same thing happened to my self sim, repairing a computer server. Kabluewee, and I still haven't been able to scrub him clean again. No amount of shower and bathing has got his face cleaned up.
Any suggestions?
shorty943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:23 AM   #18
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Go to the mirror and Change Appearance. Pick the full face makeup tab, then click the first icon for "None."
Old 08-13-2007, 04:02 AM   #19
shorty943
Banned

Well, thank you very much. I'll do just that.

In about two weeks time, when my new machine for windows only arrives.
shorty943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 10:55 PM   #20
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Just me again! Actually, it will be me for 2 posts, as I am trying to keep these things to a semi-readable (& downloadable, for all you dial-up users) size.

Now that I am (finally) through with my Supreme Ultimate Super Uber Final Sims 2 Reinstall Of All Things Up To Seasons/Celebrations (well, for November anyway!) & have made the appropriate hood backup copies, I have been happily getting re-acquainted with my game & all my various mods/etc.

As I doggedly persist in my quest (which consists of me getting all my families/hoods up to a self-determined "safe point" so I can unleash BV on my unsuspecting Sims) I can't help but run into some...unexpected "side effects" of having a game as heavily modded as mine.

Not sure if it's a product of my Default Replacement files, my Clothing Catalog Re-Categorizers, my humongous set of new Clothes or maybe a bizarre combination of all 3, but...

Ladies & Gentlemen, I give you Peter Sim; Nature lover, Riverblossom Hills Townie & the current leader in the "Least Appropriately Dressed For The Occasion" contest.

I call this picture "Walking In A Winter Wonderland". (It was taken at the Riverblossom Hills Community Center, if anyone wants to know.)