Sun Sims  

Please help us pay the bills.        

Go Back   Sun Sims Forums > Sun Sims Community > Help Desk
FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2008, 02:35 PM   #1
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Default Lot Lights Leaving?!

Tounge twister or not, that is what just started yesterday.

I like to put outdoor lot lights on the corners of my fences, which I run right to the edge of my lots. Just yesterday I found that two of the lights on all my "edge fenced" residential lots had vanished, & trying to replace them gave me lights that never worked & would promptly disappear when I saved/reloaded the lot.

So far, I have only noticed this in Pleasantview (the only Hood I played yesterday) & am very worried I may have a BFBVFS brewing, despite all my write protecting!

I plan on doing a bit of testing today, but wanted to ask here too in case anyone else has a solution (other than another @#$% roll back) that may work.

-ZW

(I just recently had 3 crash outs in a row- one of which resulted in my having to restart my PC- involving Pleasantview's college town & a packaged lot that I have since done a way with. Really hoping that didn't fry something...)
Old 05-21-2008, 05:06 PM   #2
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Weird!

I've never had anything vanish from the edges of lots, but I've never put a light right on the edge either.
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:43 PM   #3
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Well, it's not just Pleasantview but all my hoods.

The problem is the same: on each residential lot there is a side that- should I attempt to run a fence up to the edge & place lights there- will simply not cooperate. Which side (right or left) varies from lot to lot, but other than that the problem is the same.

The freaky part is I have always done this on lots before without problems. (And considering the number of times I've reinstalled this game, that's a lot of lots & lights! )

So far my "solution" is to just move any perimeter fences in one tile. This is annoying but not earth shatteringly awful, and since nothing else seems to be wrong & am going to stick with the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" idea & simply continue gleefully on my way toward finally getting BV & FT installed.

At the rate I'm going, I may be better served to just wait for the Apartment Life & the Ikea pack to be release. At least then I would know there were no more packs to worry about & the final hack/mod releases would really be final ones!

-ZW
Old 05-21-2008, 11:57 PM   #4
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

I've built hundreds of fences to the edge of the lot with no problem but don't recall ever thinking to put a light out there, so this one is completely outside my experience, too.