Sun Sims  

Please help us pay the bills.        

Go Back   Sun Sims Forums > Sun Sims Community > Stories
FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2008, 12:21 AM   #21
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

I should've known when to keep my big mouf shut!
Old 06-19-2008, 07:53 PM   #22
Kaylyn
Rescuer of Kittens

Hey Greg, just in case you didn't know, right before Chapter 32, you copied over a comment section of the thread. Don't think it's actually contributing to the story, just looks like random comments, so I thought I'd bring it to your attention in case it was an accident.
Kaylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:37 PM   #23
Greg

Thanks, Kaylyn. Yup, it was intentional. I like to preserve some of the comments to capture experience and to document my incredibly brilliant responses.

On the other hand, upon rereading it, I realized that only the second notes were really worth keeping around. At that point we're still in the part of the Tales where the big thing was little notes about the mischief these folks were getting into in my game, and that note explains the origin of the Geieffies. It has some bearing on the story because the Seven Sisters show up all over the place in this tale.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:33 PM   #24
VampireSim
Mistress of Myth

I have been having fun in The Dorm...I cant remeber the name. My lovely self sim has just had Triplets! I think Sheba has left some sort of baby machine in there, that would explain the amount of babies born there!

I moved her in as I made the place into a frat or something, I cant remeber.
VampireSim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:26 PM   #25
Greg

In my game, if a coed gets pregnant, her pregnancy doesn't progress unless she visits another lot. At least that's the way it used to be. I haven't played with pregnant coeds in a very long time.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:37 AM   #26
VampireSim
Mistress of Myth

Shes not a Co-ed, more like a supervisor. I'm waiting for another set of sims to have their baby(ies?) as they might have quads, and that will be intresting.

I know Bonnyview Shores isnt really Happy Valley, but that is amazing also. I love the way you write the characters, and that basement tuturiol linked off it enabled me to make a 4 story house that I may write about on here once I find out where my Sims 2 screenshots are going... (Daarn Vista systems hiding them from me!)
Old 08-14-2008, 10:33 AM   #27
Miros1
Goddess for Life

They're somewhere in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2. You could do a search by date for files modified in the last day to find them, then right click and choose "Open Containing Folder" from the context menu.
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:30 AM   #28
Greg

Thanks, Vampiresim!

It's a subtle point about Bonnyview Shores. When I mention the Tales of Happy Valley I'm really thinking of all those interlocking yarns, including the madcap adventures in Bonnyview Shores.

Let's see, on my confuser, in Vista, the screen shots are sorted by neighborhood in folders that look like this:
C:\Users\Greg\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N003\Storytelling
I highlighted the neighborhood folder in red to emphasize the point. Where the screen shots end up depends on what neighborhood you were in when you took the shot.

C:\Users\Greg\Documents\ is where I end up if I just click on the link to "Documents."

(Rose, in Vista, the "My..." convention changed to just Documents, Pictures, and so on.)
Old 08-14-2008, 02:08 PM   #29
VampireSim
Mistress of Myth

I know where they are surposed to be...They arent there! I've had to uninstall all my games 3 times, since I had problems with my first install from custom content(the triplet and quad hack is all I have now) and since then, I have been unable to find the screenshots.

I'll have to check the administrator account, as to run my sims 2 game, I have to 'run as adminstrator' to get it to work past the loading screen without crashing. Very anoying.

On a side note, my self sim in my new Neighbourhood had just one child, a boy. I named him Adam. Unfortuanly, I need 5 more kids to get both my sim and her husband perma platinum. Back to the game to make more babies.

edit: OOO I just found them, using the search option!

Last edited by VampireSim : 08-14-2008 at 02:11 PM. Reason: New information
Old 08-14-2008, 03:26 PM   #30
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Goodie!

BTW, if it crashes right after the splash screen (the one with the name of the newest EP), you've got corrupt files. Go to (My) Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 where there are a bunch of folders and 4 real files. Rename those files and try the game, not "as administrator."

If that works, delete the neighborhoods and copy over the ones from the administrator account.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:04 PM   #31
Greg

That makes sense. There's only one user on my machine ("Greg") who has administrator privileges under Vista.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:05 PM   #32
VampireSim
Mistress of Myth

I share the computer with my Parent, who seems to have the admin privliges and doesnt know how to turn them off. Ill fix it somehow, but at least I can find the screenshots I need. (It just takes an age to upload them onto photobucket)
Old 08-16-2008, 12:07 AM   #33
Greg

I can sympathize with that: I don't know how to turn off administrator privileges and don't know why I would want to.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:26 PM   #34
Reader
Bookworm

You can turn it off?
Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 05:53 PM   #35
Hokieman
Solar Max

Reader, I don't know about Vista, but it can be done in XP. While I don't know how, my son figured it out on his computer so it boots up just like earlier versions of windows and you don't have the intermediate screen where you have to pick your account.
Hokieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 01:29 AM   #36
Greg

That's how my Vista machine is, because there is only one user on the system. I think you get the intermediate screen only if you have more than one user identified.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:32 PM   #37
Crystal
Addicted Anjafan

Is there a reason to make extra users on your own computer?
Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:43 PM   #38
Miros1
Goddess for Life

I made a separate user on my mother-in-law's puter for her grandchildren, attempting to reduce the possibility of them making messes.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:50 PM   #39
Kaylyn
Rescuer of Kittens

I eventually turned off User Account Control in Vista because it caused more problems than it prevented. A lot of older games that I wanted to install would insist on Administrator privileges, even though I was logged into the Administrator account (my comp has 2 accounts, apparently because Eddie and I share files with each other over the network). I'd always have to right click and "Run as Administrator", and even then it wouldn't work half the time. So I turned it off.

If you're having the same problems, a quick Google turned up THIS.
Kaylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:15 AM   #40
Greg

No problems here. If we had small kids in the house, I can see why you'd want to give them their own non-administrator accounts. That prevents them from making messes and also might limit what they encounter, which could be important if you have grow-up stuff on you machine.