Sun Sims  

Please help us pay the bills.        

Go Back   Sun Sims Forums > Sun Sims Community > Open Forum
FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2007, 11:58 PM   #1
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

Default Does the trash can have to be on the curb?

What happens if you put the trash can out back of the house where it belongs?
Old 07-20-2007, 01:07 AM   #2
mikedelaney16
Solar Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
What happens if you put the trash can out back of the house where it belongs?
Absolutely nothing, it's not like the garbage truck has to actually come by and pick it up or anything. You can put it out back, you can put it in the basement, you can put a fence around it with a locked gate to keep out the pets and the furious sims.

You can move the mailbox too, but I've had interesting issues when I tried that. Mostly it just effects the mail and the paper deliveries, but the mailbox also determines where the taxi, carpool etc show up. I've had the taxi appear inside the building when I placed a mailbox in the wrong place, well, technically a courtyard, but not the kind of courtyard big enough for cars.

MikeD
mikedelaney16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:06 PM   #3
Greg

Yippee! I shall go henceforth into lot after lot and move those unsightly trash cans back behind the garage!
Old 07-20-2007, 11:18 PM   #4
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Wow! You mean I don't have to put up with angery neighbors kicking the freaking thing over every night????

Yahoo!
Old 07-20-2007, 11:37 PM   #5
Miros1
Goddess for Life

I think Wren tried to put the mailbox by the porch and the carpool pulled up the steps!
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:15 AM   #6
mikedelaney16
Solar Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirconia Wolf View Post
Wow! You mean I don't have to put up with angery neighbors kicking the freaking thing over every night????
I'm not sure it's only angry neighbors anymore. I suspect the pets can do it too.

Incidentally, if you disable autonomous pranks and the stupid Euro-kiss greeting (which only happens in France btw), you wont have near as many angry neighbors.

Oh, one more thing, if your trash can does get knocked over, make sure to clean it up or you'll get roaches, and roaches can actually cause deadly illness, not just on the lot, but through contagion, your whole neighborhood. Though that is a worst case scenario.

Last edited by mikedelaney16 : 07-21-2007 at 12:25 AM. Reason: addition
Old 07-21-2007, 02:18 AM   #7
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Yep, pets and wolves can knock it over. I thought that illness was only deadly if you had JMP's "realistic sickness" hack. My Sims have caught roach disease a zillion times and none have died.

I'm having trouble keeping Sims away from the telescope during the day -- guess I need to buy some other "fun" stuff for them to play with instead.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:10 AM   #8
mikedelaney16
Solar Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miros1 View Post
Yep, pets and wolves can knock it over. I thought that illness was only deadly if you had JMP's "realistic sickness" hack. My Sims have caught roach disease a zillion times and none have died.
I do recall reading something about it taking about 4 days to kill a sim, assuming you locked him in a room with no seating of any sort. I can think of quicker ways to off a sim. Like a stink-gun.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:17 AM   #9
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Lol, I think they'd starve quicker! It might kill a pregger woman, but I'm sure I've never had a non-pregger Sim die, and I suspect the pregger woman actually got into a Fatigue/Hunger deadlock...
Old 07-21-2007, 04:04 PM   #10
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedelaney16
I'm not sure it's only angry neighbors anymore. I suspect the pets can do it too.
Yeah, I know...but in the case of the Sim I was thinking of at the time, it is pretty much always an angry neighbor! (Loki Beaker is a putz!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedelaney16
Incidentally, if you disable autonomous pranks and the stupid Euro-kiss greeting (which only happens in France btw), you won't have near as many angry neighbors.
Yeah, I've thought about disabling autonomous pranks & such, but- IMHO-part of the fun of this game is the ever increasing strangeness in a Sim's autonomous activety choices.

Not to say I haven't "disabled" stuff, cause I have. I just can't quite bring myself to put an end to everything a Sim can do without me...but then again, I'm- obviously- not a typical Sims player! I mean heck, my only complaint with the PlantSims is that they only have 3 life stages & their motives are screwy, not that they are- gasp!- not "real". That belief alone is enough to get a person stoned on most boards! (Hopefully not this one, though!)

Oh thankgoodneess I don't live in France! That "greeting" would get old fast!

Last edited by Greg : 05-25-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Zirconia Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 04:45 PM   #11
mikedelaney16
Solar Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirconia Wolf View Post
Not to say I haven't "disabled" stuff, cause I have. I just can't quite bring myself to put an end to everything a Sim can do without me...but then again, I'm- obviously- not a typical Sims player! I mean heck, my only complaint with the PlantSims is that they only have 3 life stages & their motives are screwy, not that they are- gasp!- not "real". That belief alone is enough to get a person stoned on most boards! (Hopefully not this one, though!)
I could swear I remember seeing hacks that only disabled stuff like that if the sims relationships were too low. Probably dating all the way back to Uni too, or at least NL.

I didn't mind them playing pranks, I just felt it was a bit dumb and unrealistic to play pranks on someone you only just met.

If you want a bit of a challenge, try getting your plantsim bitten by a vampire. Hehe, needs sunlight, but it's a vampire so sunlight is deadly to it.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:39 PM   #12
Greg

So, what does happen if a plantsim is bitten by a vampire?
Old 07-21-2007, 09:00 PM   #13
mikedelaney16
Solar Max

Quote:
So, what does happen if a plantsim is bitten by a vampire?
The plantsim becomes a plantsim-vampire and has to stay in a basement or windowless room with greenhouse lights at $2000 each. The greenhouse lights have no effect on vampires, but provide the much needed sunlight for plantsims. Plantsim motives are ridiculously simple: sunlight, water and love. IIRC, after a plantsim is vampirized, they have the same motives as a vampire, but there's that sunlight conflict.

That's about as far as I took it before I installed the "nochanceofplantsim" hack. I'm pretty much done with vampires too, too restricted unless you cheat. Only a 12 hour operational day.

Oh there is a hack to make the other lights effective as greenhouse lights btw. Monique made it, http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=39651

Speaking of a 12 hour operational day. I find it interesting that EA didn't vary the length of the daylight period when they went to the trouble of making Seasons, it's still 7am - 7pm every day.

MikeD
Old 07-21-2007, 09:05 PM   #14
Greg

I'll have to remember that if I ever install Seasons.

Although I have Nightlife installed, I have never had an active vampire in the game. Count Chocula showed up at a night club one night, but he didn't do anything but dance.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:55 PM   #15
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedelaney16 View Post
...That's about as far as I took it before I installed the "nochanceofplantsim" hack. I'm pretty much done with vampires too, too restricted unless you cheat.
Yeah, I don't know why they whent through all the trouble of programing PlantSims & then "wussed out" (again, IMHO) on their motives & life span.

Instead of a "no chance" hack (I just avoid chemicals) I keep hoping for a "PlantSims keep normal motives" or "PlantSims can be teens" type thing. Personally, I think it would have made more sense to just "swap out" 3 other motives for the Water, Sun & Love ones. Like maybe Comfort, Enviorment & Social (which is about the same as Love anyhow) which would better create a set of needs that an actual Plant-Person might experiance. (Yes, I was raised by SciFi/Fantasy fans...can you tell??)

As for Vampires, I have a hack that banishes any & all autonomous biting so nobody gets "Vampire-ised" without my okay. (Oh & I agree it's pretty silly- except for grouchy Sims- that they want to pull practicle jokes on people they don't really know!)
Old 07-22-2007, 12:07 AM   #16
mikedelaney16
Solar Max

Quote:
I'll have to remember that if I ever install Seasons.
What? The "nochanceofplantsim" hack?
Old 12-06-2007, 08:09 AM   #17
Miros1
Goddess for Life

One interesting thing... teens and young adults can freely spray the plants, because they can't become plantsims!

On the original topic: I've started dragging the trash can to the back edge of the lot and putting a fence around it. Helps keep the maid from recycling compostables. Monique also has a hack at MTS2 so the maid is more likely to compost stuff.

Last edited by Miros1 : 12-06-2007 at 08:27 AM.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:07 PM   #18
Greg

Mike, yeah. I'm not at all interested in having vegetable beings in my game.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:49 PM   #19
mikedelaney16
Solar Max

vegetable beings

That gives new meaning to bio-diesel and soylent green
Old 12-08-2007, 07:13 AM   #20
homerette
Day late & a dollar short

Soylent green is my kind of people.