View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 02:16 AM   #16
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

Fred, I looked up your public user profile on both Insimenator.net and Insimadult.net, and it looks OK from what I can tell. I'm just a plain user there, though, so I can't check your account status other than to see that it is there.

What are the symptoms of not being able to log on? Is Insim just not recognizing your login, or is it that you can't even get to the spot where you would enter your username and password?

If you're able to try to log in but can't, that would indicate that the username and password you're trying to use don't match what's in the database. You could try the "Forgot your password?" thing if that happens.

If it's that you can't get to the site at all, then either (a) Insim is blocking the whole XO network, or (b) something in the chain between you and Insim is blocking Insim, or (c) XO's domain name server entry for Insimenator.net is messed up. Of these, the most likely thing is (c).

Let's try an experiment with theory (c). If the DNS is messed up, then you still out to be able to at least see the site via it's IP address:

http://72.233.37.67/ <--- That's insimenator.net

A lot of the site is hardcoded with its domain name so you might not see pictures and stuff, but you ought to at least see the skeleton of the site and the login prompt on the page that comes up. (You won't be able to log in from that prompt because of vBulletin's internal security. vBulletin will only accept logins from the domain name.) So, if you can see the site via its IP address but not via its domain name (http://www.insimenator.net/), then you could ask XO to check their DNS tables.

I can't imagine why Insim would have banned you, but I think if you try to log in to a banned account, then vBulletin tells you about it.