View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 04:54 PM   #8
rdanner3
Herald of the Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokieman View Post
I thought DDO worked on Net Framework 2 like SimPE. Why don't you try adding that to see if it helps.
I've both, actually (XP Pro, via MCE 2005) but it still never reaches first base. Color me frustrated. (Even emptying Downloads helps not at all.)

I'm tremendously careful to make sure I have meshes for all clothing, skintones and objects, but still wish the thing would work. (and the DDO docs still show a requirement for .Net 1.1, so that's what I went with.) Even thought .Net 1.1 might have been fouled at some time, so uninstalled it and had Windows Update reinstall it and its service pack. No dice. It's rather pointless to run Compressorizer; on the first run, I got a whopping 3Mb back (from close to 4 Gb of CC). That sort of ROI (Rate on Investment) would get most investors ticked off, since it's statistically insignificant.

Unlike a lot of folks, I don't use folders inside folders (aside from "first-level" folders) within Downloads. In my way of thinking, it's a bit redundant, since most CC worth keeping have the creator's name in the filename anyway. (OK, I admit some doesn't, but still, a lot of it does.)

The only version of .Net I don't have on this box is 3.x in any of its flavors. Have nothing that requires it.
rdanner3 is offline   Reply With Quote