View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 11:47 AM   #2
Kaylyn
Rescuer of Kittens

All the pre-scripted stuff is still the same, i.e. the messages that pop up. "Don's looking for a little loving! Maybe now would be a good time to invite Nina over." Their wants will still roll up as they usually do upon a fresh install. But certain events may not trigger properly. I do know that Vidcund Curious will now not automatically get abducted the first time he uses the telescope. Of course, the Knowledge bonus now lets you summon aliens if you max out that path, so though it's not 100% successful, it has much higher odds than before.

Interesting addon: I downloaded a hack that allows for more variety in abductions. They now have a 20% chance of making the sim pregnant or turning them into a vampire, werewolf, zombie, or plantsim respectively. Because aliens can be boring.

PS: Why don't you just delete (or temporarily move) the Neighborhoods folder and allow the game to recreate them? That would be a lot easier than reinstalling...unless you think something got borked in Program Files...
Kaylyn is offline   Reply With Quote