View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 03:44 PM   #31
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miros1 View Post
Yeah, the only food tutorial I've ever found is very outdated and for cereal only... Well, I wanna make gingerbread pancakes on a custom plate!

I think I'll go beg simaddict99 at TSR to write one... He/she seems pretty nice, even if I did ask a stupid question that I had already downloaded the tutorial with the answer in it! (Simaddict99's real name is Alex, so you still can't guess gender...)
No progress on the Sim-gingerbread-pancakes, but these are real-world nummy!

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/108785
Quote:
Gingerbread Pancakes
Gourmet | November 2003

Active time: 30 min Start to finish: 45 min

Servings: Makes about 18 pancakes.

Ingredients
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup brewed coffee, cold or at room temperature
4 large eggs
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Vegetable oil for brushing griddle
Accompaniment: pure maple syrup

Preparation
Whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices in a bowl. Whisk together water, coffee, eggs, butter, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Add flour mixture and whisk until just combined. Let stand 15 minutes (batter will thicken).
Brush a griddle or 12-inch nonstick skillet with oil and heat over moderate heat until hot but not smoking.

Working in batches of 3 or 4, pour 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto hot griddle and cook until bubbles appear on surface and undersides are lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip pancakes with a spatula and cook until cooked through and edges are lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to a platter and loosely cover with foil to keep warm. Brush griddle with oil between batches.
I also sent a PM to simaddict99, and he or she already has a tutorial on custom plates started. Maybe we'll see it soon!
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote