View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 03:58 PM   #19
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Ah yes, the old "hyena" mentality! It's the very reason that I too tend to take any "bug" reports with a heaping spoonsfull of salt! (A mere grain is often not enough I've found...)

With Bon Voyage out now, I've already seen several panic stricken (sometimes four-letter-word laden) post about what a horrible, awful, computer eating terror it is. A little closer inspection of those posts however, has never failed to reveal that every single one of those posters failed to remove their now incompatible global mods first*!!!! Of course hyenas aren't very literate (or articulate ethier) so there is already a growing group of torch waving morons out there ready to storm the gates of Maxis & demand they release a patch right this minute for stuff Maxis didn't screw up in the first place.

This is not to say that don't anticipate BV needing an Offical Patch, but- all Maxis jokes aside- screaming at the designers about problems they had nothing whatsoever to do with is outright unfair. It could also lead to a longer-than-should-be delay in realeasing said patch as the designers now have to pick through all the "I'm-an-idiot-who-can't-grasp-the-whole-out-of-date-hack-concept" complaints to find the legitimate bug reports.

As to the whole boolprop thing, I've read several post warning about useing it "too often" (usually in regards to the teastingcheat cheat) but have yet to read exactly what/how things are suposed to happen. I also have no idea what the phrase "too often" means in terms of actual numbers. I pretty much rely on InSim, InTeen & a few other well-chosen mods for my in-game tweaking needs, as I really suck at spelling (dyslexic) & can't reliably enter the alphabet soup of commands Maxis thinks is so clever.

*I think my favorite complaints are those from people using the DEST (spawning) version of InSim crying about that rotten BV spawning objects all over their lots. Go figure...

Last edited by Zirconia Wolf : 09-08-2007 at 04:09 PM. Reason: dyslexia strikes again...
Zirconia Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote