Thread: Um, Now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 03:13 AM   #19
shorty943
Banned

Yeah, the Lady M, has hit it on the head.

Forget the football poster Greg.

The "Bounty" photo, is of a set I tried to put together, from scans of my personal sea photo collection. Not at all connected with the first attempts with the football poster.
The Poster Importer only works for an installed game, so I gave that a miss, and went for a Wizards of SimPE recolour. of the 500 Simolean 2 tile abstract horizontal painting. For the ship photo's.
The picture of Bounty, (it is "the" actual vessel built for the movie, now works out of Sydney Harbour), is about a 30% edit from a scanned 6x4 standard glossy print. I can make that, or any other parts of photo's any size or detail with Gimp, or any other graphics application.

I had to fool around with resizing the photo's etc, to make things fit. I figured out there was some jiggery pokery needed, to make the print fit the frame, and include the back of the frame. I ended up tearing into the original with SimPE to see what was in there.

Now my problem is exactly as Miros said.
Can some one please give me the pixel dimmensions they use, when doing painting and poster recolours?
I can do all manner of resizing and bizarre stuff with Gimp. And there is the rub. Boy don't some of this stuff come up looking bizarre. I even have the photo, over lapping somehow and colouring the fame, in a couple of "not quite ready for the world" attempts. Bizarre.

That is my problem folks, I don't seem to be able to work out the correct sizes and places to add the "custom" part to a recolour.
Greg, seriously. Please if you have a set of templates, that show the correct size and placement for these painting recolours, send them to me.
Email, snail mail, carrier pidgeon, thumbnail dipped in blood, I don't care, reverse charges, COD, what ever. Scratch them onto a sheet of tin with a nail, I don't care.
I need some help to get these things out, for the community I have got so much from.
And these are personal photo's, not a scan from a magazine or some thing like that.
These are my photo's, from my albums, of ships I have worked on. Some taken almost 40 years ago with a snotty little Kodak Instamatic. Some by Navy photographers, standing right there with me in the thick of it all. But every one, from my personal life collection.
shorty943 is offline   Reply With Quote