View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 09:22 AM   #13
shorty943
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirconia Wolf View Post
Details schmetails!!

You gotta have all the bells & whistles firmly in place before you start thinking about that stuff!

(ZW slinks back to her own web-site design studies...)

Yeah, like ZW said. Ya just gotta have bells'n'whistles.

As for why?
Um, to see if I can? A little tech exercise for the old grey matter?
Set up a virtual server, and a bunch of virtual appliances to serve content.
Probably use a Xen virtual environment. Then fool with Django as a development environment. So far, from the massive downloads of documentation on it, it looks to be quite straight forward, for a web design environment. But, there is always VMWare to fall back on.

And what?
Some 40 years of, at times crazy, life, photo's of things people just never see in ordinary life. Stories to tell. Find a way to incorporate a guest book and lounge for chats. Excerpts from the "Green and Gold Cook Book".
Worldly advice to intrepid travellers. Who knows?
Why not? Makes more sense than some dill kid blurting on youtube.

Any way, the machine is still 4 to 6 weeks away yet, so I have plenty of time to worry away at web site design and such. But, in the last day or so it is slowly coming along, with PWK. It is template based, click and fool with things. Not exactly, WYSIWYG, or drag and drop, but it seems to be working for me, and the testing as you go, shows fine in Firefox\Seamonkey\IE.

Had a setback Saturday. Landlord got in about 1 o'clock Friday afternoon. Yelled out "Shorty, come help me drink Bourbon". Not well yesterday.

By the way, here is home for me, thank's Google Earth.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GEarth of home.jpg (187.8 KB, 8 views)
shorty943 is offline   Reply With Quote