View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 12:16 PM   #3
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Thanks for the feedback! Sounds like what isn't "triggered" certainly could be rather easily, if I wanted it to be.

That abduction hack sounds cool! It would be nice to have some variety & you're right that it gets boring with the "all Aliens, all the time" thing. (Who says that Aliens are always impregnating people all the time anyway? If I were an Alien, I would get tired of that fast!)

As to the (possible) reinstall, I was thinking along the lines of what would be easier when it came to preventing the "wrong" extra characters in my Hoods. For instance, after letting the Base Game load/boot up, I do away with the pre-made Townies so they aren't duplicated in every other Hood I create. After adding University, I create 3 new (Townie free) Hoods- one for each pre made College- then do away with those files...etc, etc.

I wasn't sure if I could control this as well on a strait FT install (that's a lot of EP files to zip/unzip at the right time) so I thought that a FT install with "zip breaks" between each EP would be "easier" in that sense.

I am also growing weary of (& increasingly confused by) keeping track of which version of which hack is for which EP, so I thought I would say "to heck with this set-up crap" & jump strait to FT...before AL comes along & messes everything up!

Still in limbo right now though.

Thanks again!

-ZW