View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 08:39 PM   #13
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

The only other "Pet Tip" I can think of is that if you decide to place a pre-made pet shop (or make your own) you may want to get rid of the Dog/Cat bins.

I found that- even with a no stray respawn hack- the darn game still generated two new strays (1 dog & 1 cat) when I had a Sim visit a pet store with Dog/Cat bins!

This was after I had very carefully used Inge's Teleporter to make all the default wandering strays into phone-pool pets. I guess the "sample" pets in the Dog/Cat bins have to be wayward stays, for some lame reason...

-ZW

(If you are wondering why I did the "pet adoption conversion" thing, it was part of an experiment in default replacing I tried. I was actually hoping that making all the default strays into part of the phone pool & then replacing their "homeless" character files in the P001 folder with their new phone-pooled character files would let me have all the Maxian default pets, but only as all phone adoptable ones. Needless to say, it didn't work. It didn't blow up my PC or anything, but I just couldn't get the "phone conversions" to stick. This is why I am not a modder I suppose! Still, I thought it would have been a kinda cool idea...)