Thread: Impact Craters
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 02:52 AM   #23
shorty943
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
Well... I was thinking of using nuclear power.
Well. Something has to power all our "super conductive magnetic impulse engines".
And we all know damned well that SOLAR power is just not up to the job yet.

Geothermal?
Um, no. Cold water on hot rocks dug the Wells of Bathsheba.
I may be mistaken, but, I have a feeling that Geothermal power generation will only cause sisemic problems. There are experiments in the north of South Aust now.
Shorty don't like. Boffins, are doing "lab tests" on the real life mother earth. Not safe.

What else. Wind?
Doesn't always blow, then it blows so hard, the windmill falls over. Bugger.

Conventional coal or gas fire steam plants? Um, this is a desert. You need water, lots of very clean pure water, to make steam.

Yep, I agree. Just has to be a Natomic power plant.

Have you seen a pile in operation? So pretty. Such a pretty blue, it glows and shimmers, it's almost alive. And it sure is efficient. Yes, sorry, but I am a cautious advocate of NUKE power. I made that word cautious a bit prominent so people don't get the wrong idea.
Nuclear, (hey Mr Bush, NUCLEAR not NOOCOOLAR) Biological and Chemical warfare, defense and decontamination were a part of my speciality in the military. I know more than most, just how nasty it can be, if it gets out of control. Or if some "nutter" gets hold of dirty material.
So we clamp right down on security. No Monty Burns and Homer Simson types.
All "yes but what iffers" must be shot. Because they want the emotional not the factual to rule.

Oh, yes, and next elections, pick me as the worlds next benevolent dictator.
shorty943 is offline   Reply With Quote