View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 12:22 PM   #26
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Okay, I'll finally breakdown & ask:

Why is everyone but me so enamoured with having the "testingcheat" continuously running in their game??????

Seriously; what's the advantage??? I don't really need to be alerted to every little audio or graphic "hiccup" in my game (I can just checkout the Log Files if I'm curious) & there is nothing "teastingcheat" can do (that I care about) that I can't do quicker with InSim or another mod.

I use HDCU fanatically & already know about the "non-conflicting-conflicts" amoung my various mods, so what's the point of leaving that crazy testingcheat running all the time?

As to Kaylyn's querry: I've read a few (conflicting) reports about BV & lag time. Some people got good results by just turning off shadows, others say it still doesn't help...& still others have had no problems whatsoever.

I'm kinda wondering if it's a Vista problem?? I do know (from talking to several PC builders) that- when it comes to being a "pig"- Vista is the king, queen & whole royal family. I'm actually suprised it gave you decent results in Seaons with only 2 gigs of RAM; all the techs I talked to say it needs at least 3 gigs to equal 2 gigs of performance on XP.

I am (hopefully) getting close to installing BV soon & will- of course- be posting my findings. I have a custom built Dual Core (XP) with a 298 (or so) GB hard drive, nVidia e-GeForce 7600 graphics card & 3 gigs of RAM...so I'm hopefull I won't have any lag problems....nock on wood!