Thread: Second Life?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 01:03 PM   #5
shorty943
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
I really haven't tried it, but I do know that Second Life has definitely taken its toll on a the once-robust Sims community!

I would not be surprised if in some future iteration you were able to sit down with friends and watch the Shuttle launch together!

Even better, buy your own Shuttle.
They're actually pretty cheap.
You can pick up a second hand one for less than 9000 game dollars.
A fully armed Navy corvette is only 950.
Pick up a stern wheeler house boat for a couple of hundred. Really nice, some of them.
Airplanes for about $15 game. Ever wanted to own your own F1 race car? About 50 bucks, game.
Boxes of free houses, give aways. Buy a block of land for $1 game and drop your house into place.
US $9.70 for 2,500 game dollars. Not a bad exchange rate.

Greg, it surpasses Sims any thing. It is not a game like Sims.
It's the same people we have been talking to for all this time.
But, we can invite each other to visit, and sit down and actually chat.
The bar at my hotel, over looks the beach, the pool is in front of the bar, deck chairs abounding.
Come and visit, I'll put on a party. It is adult, so the dancing etc is, ahem, romantic?
Civilized rules apply, no hanky panky in public etc. We are respectable, if fun loving, people.
Or.
We can take the families camping together in the Rockies for the weekend, then flit off to Milano, with the good lady wives, for the Opera on Sunday evening.

We are actually there. It's not a "Sim" as we are used to it.
The locations and avatars yes. But there is no coded script, we are the evolving script.

Teens have there own "sims", no cross-over allowed. At all.
There are policed public and family regions for them, and then mature, and adult only.
I reside in the mature world.

I've spent the evening talking with a girl (young woman) in Germany, her mother is in the USMC.
We went for a ride on a dragon's back.
You can do that in Second Life. You can even be a dragon if you want to.

Had a quick chat with Sita today. she's sweet. Busy girl.
I think she is a medieval lady.

People from all over the world are there all the time, hanging out and talking to each other. It's very good, when you get away from the madding crowd.

I reckon Anja would like it. Our local police girl rides a grey dapple.
Don't take no crap either. she shoots first, don't bother asking, too late now anyway.
Crime don't pay on Jalista.

Last edited by shorty943 : 02-11-2008 at 01:18 PM.
shorty943 is offline   Reply With Quote