View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 12:23 AM   #40
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirconia Wolf View Post
(It would be really cool to have the "Body Builder" body style replace the in-game "Fit" state...but I'm guessing that would require a ton of work!)
Jwilson5 did one skin that way, but it hasn't really caught on. You do need to put a reference to the HBB or SBB mesh into the fit state to make it work. You just need to note when your guy goes to take a shower and suddenly "bulks up" -- at that point, you need to get him some clothes to show off the muscles!

It might be nice if the girls turned into Marvine's Athletic Girl when they became fit!

Quote:
Got another skin query:

So far I have just been exporting/importing the texture files via SimPE right out. I notice that several instructions talk about a step when you "Build A DXT"- which I haven't been doing...

...is that bad?
I think you get slightly better results if you right click on the graphic and pick use "Build DXT." That uses the nVidia utilities instead of the libraries built into SimPE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokieman View Post
Quote:
I've never bothered with custom body shapes, as I never liked the limited clothing options. Am I to understand that it's possible to convert clothes to fit them myself?

If so, I may have found another way to waste my life!
On the moving clothes between bodyshapes. it's easy to do so long as you have a mesh that'll work. Undies, swimsuits and most athletic are no sweat. And most of the maxis stuff can be copied over as most of those meshes have been made for most of the bodyshapes. Also anything that is skin tight will work. Alot of dresses are close enough to work fairly well. You just have to experiment and see what comes out looking decent
Oh, oh, we're gonna create a monster here!

Warlokk has a good tutorial at Warlokk's Tower, linked from his signature. Gothplague has another, with pictures, somewhere on Insim.
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote