View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 06:14 PM   #34
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Yeah, I figured there would be a non-Body Shop way to do it.

The "trouble" with SimPE is I don't know what texture I'm looking at, as SimPE insists on using numbers, not names. (All the "hair" textures look exactly the same up close, & the only one I'm interested in is the bf one!)

As of this morning, Body Shop was cooperating quite nicely, so I took advantage of it & tried attaching hair to 10 custom skins.

Things are not working like I had hoped, as you can see here:

Apparently, it's not a simple cut-n-paste job like I had hoped! I have to find a way to "separate" the hair from the scalp color it's currently on, to avoid the two-toned look like you can sort of see above.

Maybe I can find a way to "flood fill" the "scalp" portion with a match for the skintone??

Or a way to "copy" just the hair piece, so I can paste it on top of the default bald scalp?

On another note; it seems that a couple of the Skintones I've downloaded don't have skins for the Fat & Fit body states!

I have no clue how to fix that...but at least they don't change to another skintone in ether of those states. (Again, thanks to the Tester family for finding that out!)

Looks like it's back to the drawing board...

-ZW

Greg; yeah, unless it's a "Goth" teenage boy, I have to agree about the makeup so many people put on their male skins!