Thread: Second Life?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 05:53 PM   #62
rdanner3
Herald of the Dawn

I've been both interested and leery of Second Life for years. A lot of those programs don't work well with the GPUs built onto many motherboards, so that's been one limiting factor. Another is simply the fact that I've been badly burnt (was a member of the VirtualWorlds test team, still technically have a full membership there, but have no idea where my land is, and they aren't helping me relocate it.) It's been 3 machines since I last visited as a tourist there as a direct result, and they started about the time Sims 1 came out. I think!

Still may download the SL client and do some looking 'round. (BTW: Watch out for RedLight Center. VERY adult, yet at the same time, free-account holders can't do anything interesting other than dance. (rather silly for a fully-clothed person to get into a hot tub, for heaven's sake, and free-account players can't switch to a swimsuit, just to name one problem.) At US$20 a month for a paid account, it's too expensive, too.)

Enough rambling here. LOL (and going to the proper site to download the SL client right now!)

UPDATE: Name in-game will be "Kelos Skytower" (which is as close as I could come to my pen-name of "Kelos Hightower") and I absolutely loathe most of the beginner avatars. Hopefully can find something more suitable once in. (sent a referral your way, Shorty.)

Last edited by rdanner3 : 05-31-2008 at 06:16 PM.
rdanner3 is offline   Reply With Quote