Thread: Um, Now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 11:53 AM   #16
shorty943
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
Up in message #8, Shorty mentioned that he was trying to recolor the Champions poster; but I don't have an object named Champions poster in my game.

So... the first step is to figure out what object we're trying to recolor.

Forget the poster importer recolours, Greg. Works okay for an installed game, but not for uploading. This is the original texture from the "poster". Came from University or some thing, more properly called, We call it football or some thing. Not worth the effort, after all. Only seems to work if the Poster Importer is installed.

The Bounty recolour, is the 500 simolean abstract 2 tile horizontal painting.
The ingame name you quote looks right, it's not easy to run the game, SimPE, Firefox, and my brain all at the same time. Ever since I installed Seasons last week, my old school 5500 nVidea card has suddenly started showing it's age.
Hang on,.....

Agh, bugger, the snapshot fell out of the ether. I just tried to upload a snapshot of one of the failures hanging on a wall for testing. Probably got rejected by the "Web Spiders" as utter rubbish.

The painting I tried to recolour looks like an orange coloured ball, with a splash of brown to the lower left, with a black stripe from near upper left to the middle. "painting-abstract horizontal-too many numbers-512x256"

Must be the sudden cold snap over here. Brain's frozen over as well.
East coast under storm surge, dozen or more people dead, towns and districts washed away in the biggest flash flooding in over 30 years.
On the bright side. Best start to the snow season in years in the Alps.
But that is all over 600 miles east of me.
Here it is just plain cold. No moon, no night cloud, no warmth, the world has gone all white and crunchy under foot. As I mentioned, I live a little on the rustic side. My ablution facilities are outside the house.
More specifically, our "Thunder Box" is out in the back yard. Two weeks officially, into winter and the water in the "bowl", was frozen over this morning. Dayum it's cold here.
Ooh, maybe, if I sit the big old computer box outside, I can overclock the crap out of the 5500 and get some performance back. Sub-zero ambient air should keep it cool enough.

Or, I could always, RTFM, and have another go at it.
Trouble is, lot's of them written, few in intelligible English.

If you can email those templates to my ISP email account, Greg.
My login name is universal, (I first used my Navy nickname, shorty, and my Navy laundry number, 943, for login name as a joke with a free MSN Hotmail account. It amused me to think of Bill Gates, being akin to my laundry man.)
ISP email is (@internode.on.net), apparently lots of people don't much like Google. Quite a few site registrations won't accept my gmail address because of past spamming attacks.

(shorty943@internode.on.net)

I have plenty of room on my 80 Gb apps drive, to install Photoshop if I have to. Like about 70 Gb of room to play.
Probably even have a downloaded version, some where in the bowels of the "Bigbox". It can get dark and echoey in there. Lots of hard drives to traverse.
120 Gb SATA for "\My Documents", raided, stripe and mirror, to 160 Gb sets.
Plenty of play room. Used to be a corporate networking research machine. Still has a server install of Mandriva Linux in there somewhere, and an experiment with Solaris 10. That was a melt down. Pity, Looking Glass was a treat, wow factor desktop and then some, just useless, because no apps actually work on it. Clever.

Oh God it is cold. I just looked at the desktop clock, it has taken me over 1\2 an hour to scratch this out. I need coffee. NURSE, where is my caffiene drip?
Attached Images
File Type: png Posters.png (31.6 KB, 22 views)
shorty943 is offline   Reply With Quote