View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 12:53 AM   #45
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Not that anyone cares, but as I continue my foray into the land of Custom Skins, I have run into a stumbling block:

Because the Default Skins (S1, S2, S3 & S4) use the infant's body texture as "infant hair" instead of an actual infant hair file, it seems I can't make any Default Replacements that contain an infant hair texture/file. I have tried to follow the tutorials on making Default Replacements but can't add the hair as there is no file to add it into!

This is kinda disappointing, as I am really tired of bald babies (it's bad enough you can't have different outfits for them) but the prospect of hand-editing the files of every playable Sim in my 13 different Hoods via SimPE is...well, not making me happy.

Not that I won't break down & do so (I mean, I am reeeaaallllyy tired of bald babies!) but it still kinda sucks that I have to!

*sigh*

Such is life...

-ZW

(The really annoying part is that the Texture Images for both the with & without hair skins both show 33 files! It's only when you go to replace the textures that you realise there is nowhere for the infant hair to "go"...)