View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 09:59 PM   #17
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokieman View Post
The penguin is funny! I thought I was gonna die laughing the first time I saw him waddle by.

Build a snowman and watch what happens every time he comes by. I love that too!

Or better yet, leave a fish out in the yard.
I've seen the snowman interaction. My Sims either mount their fish for wall display or put 'em in the fridge. I guess I'll have to sacrifice one for penguin cuteness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirconia Wolf View Post
I'm not sure if it's the obnoxious behavior Maxis insisted on given most of them or my feelings about the whole abandoned animal thing in the first place (most likely a mixture of the two) but yes, I prefer my game set up to have pets available via a phone call or house-merge (created in CAS) rather than as wandering strays.

I also find that the cheats to control & cancel pet actions are an invaluable part of my UserStartUp Cheat file!
Like the Maxis-supplied Townies and Dormies, I suspect random generation gives the strays better personalities than what someone in California trapped in a cubicle can think up.

The abandoned animal thing bothers me too. If a pet runs away and can't be found, that's one thing. But over a dozen animals created just to roam around tipping over garbage cans and dig holes in people's lawns? No thanks!

Yes, those cheats are invaluable... Let me find them...

boolProp petActionCancel true
boolProp ControlPets on
uintProp maxTotalSims 50
uintProp maxTotalHumans 35
uintProp maxTotalPets 15
You still need Jordi's LotFullOSims to make the last 3 work correctly...
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote