View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 04:05 PM   #35
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
The first time's just practice! Once more into the breach, dear friends!
Yep, sounds like Baumdoubt Valley Redux!

Quote:
Maybe Morgana is hoping to get lucky at game conventions.
That's semi-normal attire for game conventions. Although I haven't seen that exact outfit, there's always a few chainmail girls, superheroes, elves, vampires, etc. wandering around. In case you're wondering, here's the original chainmail girl. Convention rules say you have to wear something under your chainmail!

My question: Where were the chainmail girls when that idiot politician wanted a crowd shot for the background of the pictures/video of his campaign kickoff? My mental comment to the genius would have been "You rented a conference room, effing stay in it and leave us alone!"

Then there was the year they scheduled an electrical engineer's conference across from part of Origins.
1) It was Geek Central in the hotel lobby! Didn't quite reach critical mass tho.
2) Since there simply weren't enough hotel rooms to go around, they eased up the rule on sleeping in the gaming rooms.
3) Hubby, 2 engineers, and a chainmail girl were in the elevator. The chainmail girl gets off on 2nd, one engineer says to the other "What the heck was that?!" Hubby didn't bother trying to explain what a chainmail girl was...
4) I kind of wish I'd seen the game convention organizers kicking the engineers off the breezeway. The convention center employees set up the game tables on the breezeway, conveniently near the electrical engineers, so the engineers wandered over and sat down. Nope, stay at your tables, or we're going to help ourselves to your buffet table. Got it?

Last edited by Miros1 : 09-09-2008 at 04:24 PM.
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote