View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 02:28 AM   #26
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Those images are from Sims 3.

The first shot- the one with the guy in the camouflage shirt sitting in the camouflage chair- was one of the shots used to show off the "color matching" feature, which is one of the things I actually liked about Sims 3. (Though I admit that the "camouflage" looks pretty bad!) This feature lets the player apply a color/texture to pretty much anything in the game, which I was excited about (I hate the way 99.9% of the pre-made furniture in the game is "incomplete; ie there's a chair & a love seat but no sofa, or a sofa & a chair but no love seat, etc) but a whole slew of Sims 2 modders are up in arms about, claiming it will let "anyone" be able to design stuff for the game. Um, yeah...that's kinda the point! (It's hard for me to side with the modders, as I have had to track down one too many items on the Sims 2 Graveyard after some "modder" threw a hissy fit over some dumb thing & quit updating their stuff. That's just me...)

The second pic- the two people cooking- was supposed to illustrate something about Sim 3 skill building. I forget the details, though I recall that the designers were tauting a feature wherein a Sim that just got a job on a Culinary/Chef type track autonomously started reading cook books & doing other things to improve the skills he would need for a future promotion...which is admittedly kinda cool!

The Official Sims 3 site has just recently been "overhauled" & isn't working (for me) as nice as it used to, but if you haven't checked it out it's worth a gander:

http://thesims3.ea.com/view/pages/home.jsp

The jury is still very much out for me as far as if Sims 3 will ever touch my PC, but I still enjoy tracking it's progress!

-ZW