Thread: Sim Genealogy
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 01:36 PM   #9
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
<snip>... but are there also genetic skin tones for aliens, zombies, and whatevers?
Nope, those are always custom AFAIK.

Quote:
I'd also guess that if you bin all the Warlokk skin tone as an S1, S2, S3, or S4 the kids might have any body shape with the same melanin density. That would mean that binning the body shapes is a bad idea if you want offspring to inherit the body shape.
Yep. My Sims kept popping out freckled babies using one of Genemsims skintones (geneticised by Madame Mim). I started forcing myself to use the Sim Generator Randomizer and that stopped happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokieman View Post
<snip>Ok, with two exceptions, the parents came from CAS or came pre installed with base game or university. I am running custom default skins for S1 - S5 and the vampire skin. Also has it happen again with a Rengal mother, a Rio father and the 3 kids came out as an FM girl, a Rengal girl and a Rengal boy. In one case the parents were Priya Ramaswami and Ty Bubbler - 1st kid was a Rengal girl, next two were FM girls.

I've got everything installed except Apartment Life. And nope, I don't use any randomizer hacks. I was wondering if somehow Freetime introduced a new "hidden feature".

I didn't know about geneticized skins. Previously, I could count on a child coming with one or the other parents skin and associated body shape. The kid ALWAYS got one of it's parents skintone (and bodyshape). I could count on it. Now, I think I might just a look at that FM skintone in SimPE to see if it is geneticized since it's popped up four times now. I'm going to also check for a skin randomizer hack too.
Link sent via PM.

Quote:
Actually, I don't mind the randomness - that's the way life is, and the same size family is a bit boring but it is a change in how my game plays that I didn't expect. If it keeps up, I'm a little concerned that I'll get overrun with FMs after a few generations.
I like my kids to be unique too.

I even create Sims in CAS, "make child" there, grow the child up to adult and delete the parents, so the born-in-game children will have some little surprises.
"Look, grandma's eyes! Grandpa's hair!"
I would look at the FM skin; it sounds a bit too likely.
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote