View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 01:02 AM   #27
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

The reason for the Skin Changer is that nothing I do with SimPE regarding DNA is effecting how the Sims look in the game.

It may have something to do with the version I have (K&B 68.2.31345) but try as I might, no matter what I type in for the Dominate Skintone my Sims appear just as I left them when I re-load the game. I even tried to use the "Batman Box" to regenerate their portraits & no dice.

The only way to get them to "look the part" has been to use the Custom Skintone Selector IV Painting to put them in the correct (albeit completely cosmetic) skin in-game.

I'm going to try & fiddle around with things some more (I may have an idea what's going on) to see if I can get SimPE to do what it's suppose to, thereby relegating the CL Changer irrelevant & only needed to get the internal ID number of a skin.

I have also just run into a curious problem: Body Shop is refusing to import any skins back into the game, claiming there is no Hard Drive space.

I happen to have 227GB of Hard Drive space left, so I know that's a load of...but I'm not happy & hoping this isn't a Really Bad Thing.

(Oh, I've only got the "Selector 4"...the previous post was sort of rushed & I explained that wrong.)

-ZW

***EDITED TO ADD***

Well, after clearing up my SimPE problem (stupid conflict with a stupid file that was left in by stupid me- don't ask) I can now change skins "correctly", i.e. via SimPE exclusively.

Now if I can just figure out what's giving Body Shop fits!

I haven't yet tried attaching a Custom hair, but in therory it should be a similar proccess.

If I get my stupid PC to cooperate, I'll give it a go next...

Last edited by Zirconia Wolf : 07-29-2008 at 01:21 AM. Reason: SimPE update
Zirconia Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote