View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 12:17 AM   #26
Hokieman
Solar Max

ZW, It looks like you're really making some progress. But a couple of questions.

1. Why are you involving the CL Tool and the skintone changer in this? You sort of lost me there.

Skintone changer is a) not genetic and b) not permanent. As soon as you reload the changer via CL Tool or take it out of your downloads and reboot without it in, all sims you changed by the skintone changer revert to their original skintone.

2. Are you running more than one version/instance of the skintone changer? It's not meant to do that, you are supposed to only run one at a time since they all use the same object (ugly picture). There is a generic version that has basically no skintones loaded that you can load all your skintones into. Then you only have to run one.

You should only need SimPE to accomplish what you are trying to do after assembling the skintone. It sounds like you are doing ok there. BTW, the hair in the skintone file is not specific to a S type. Another thing you might look at is changing both the skintone and skintonerange fields to the same value for both dominant and recessive.

Also, I'm curious how this works with custom hair. If I remember the hair file structure you see in the SimPE binning tool, I don't think it has infants listed but you may be able to build it in there as well.
Hokieman is offline   Reply With Quote