View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 07:49 PM   #8
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirconia Wolf View Post
Just out of the old curiousity...how do you get drivers "into" the game as playable?
Teleport them into the lot so that your sims can meet them. I use Inge Jones's Teleporter Painting from SimLogical out of habit but the Insimenator's "The Summoner" works just as well.

I have only converted one driver to playable by inviting her to join the household. She got married and almost everything worked, but her husband could not initiate any romantic interactions with her. They have a happy life because she is always wanting to do things with him, but his desire to give her a backrub goes unsatisfied to this day.

Some even worse news: I thought I had fixed the cheerleaders, but when I went to visit another lot, Melanie (Kody) Thayer showed up in her cow costume. Her personality was messed up, too. She was just a regular visitor, not doing Contentious Cow pranks.

She did walk in uninvited but I had neglected to turn off Auto-Invite on the DMA Sims controller so that wasn't a good test of Rose's theory about sims with a high outgoing score.

I used the DMA Sims controller to change her outfit to "Everyday" and that worked. She switched from the cow costume to her regular clothes.

All this means that there might be no solution short of SimPE, at least until someone writes an NPC-fixer hack. It appears that you do have to get rid of the extra BHAV functions, and might have to copy the Init, Main, and Load from a regular playable sim. Darn, darn, darn!