View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 04:55 PM   #76
Miros1
Goddess for Life

Yes, since you left the Downtownie generator files in, you've got a ton of the original ugly stupid Maxis Downtownies.

I'd just let the townies slowly regenerate. According to my tests (which I conducted before I started recommending this process):

You get one new townie for each visit to a community lot unless you use notownieregen.
You get one new downtownie for each visit to a downtown community lot unless you use the appropriate noregen hack.
You get enough dormies to fill the dorm that your playable has moved into. I assume there's a few extra.

As a rough estimate, without nostrayregen, you get a new stray every couple Sim days. This is rough because I've played exactly once without nostrayregen. I didn't get the whole horde of Maxis strays, because I had the P001 folder zipped up...

BTW, I seriously recommend zipping up the P001 folder (and removing the nostrayregen for a session or two if you really want a few strays)... fewer strays means each one shows up more often and actually gives your Sim the chance to befriend and adopt a particular stray.

My reason for asking where the files are hiding: I need an exact answer so I can add it to my first post. I'm growing increasingly disillusioned by BV, so I might not buy it ever.
Miros1 is offline   Reply With Quote