View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 11:19 AM   #4
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Well, my "Unholy Hybred" solution (which was to make my own modified P001 Neighborhood package) seems to have worked, at least as far as it hasn't blown up my computer & it seems to be doing what I want it to be doing! Of course now I see were you said (on the other thread) something about not deleting some of the SDNA files- which is pretty much what I did (via Theo's Sim Deleter) as I hadn't seen your "warning" yet- but from the looks of things, all systems are still go. (I think my computer thrives on "impossible" challenges!)

Basically I erased any "evidence" of anybody (NPC's included) in the P001 folder, except Cyd, Porthos, Danny, Sarah & the 6 phone-pool puppies/kittens. (I decided to "tweak" my Cyd/Critter storyline & the phone-pool "babies" fit the bill perfectly...)

I am also using a self-modified version of Dick Hurt's "Pet Modification" mod that I set to allow for some random stray puppies/kittens to be generated as I don't have the patience to create my own & export them to other Hoods, and that worked slick too (a lil kitten named Emmit wandered by my test lot) so I think I'm pretty much set now.

Interestingly enough, my test Hood shows 16 Sims that have no "icon" in SimPE. Also interesting is that these same Sims showed no "icons" (i.e. a Mr. Potato Head) when I looked at them via SimPE in their original package files. They are all "locals" from the different BV destinations.

Weird.

I plan on nuking the BV Hoods anyway (cleaned templates devoid of locals) so I don't really care about them...it's just strange!

So now I am wondering how your "cell phone" project is going? Any success yet?