View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 02:11 PM   #1
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Default Question About Lots & Neighborhood Files

The Initial Problem: Despite my best efforts at preventing the pre-made Maxis Sims from populating all my Hoods, I am still finding a lot of blank/junk Character Files in my Hoods.

The Reason: In cases like the F002 folder- which contains the Secret Hobby Lots- I opted to leave the Lot folder alone & zip everything else...but I forgot that the Neighborhood package file also needed to be "clean" too! So the various Sim DNA/Relationships/etc are still "there", but with no "real" Charcter files to connect to. This is a mess.

The Solution: I have found a set of "cleaned out" files that only have the needed Secret Lots (Hobby, Magic, Vacation) in them. So things are okay, but...

My Dilemma: ...I still need to have Cyd, Porthos, Danny & Sarah available in all my Hoods. (Don't ask. I'm strange.) They "live" in the infamous P001 Folder, along with a zillion other Charters I don't want (like the 57 pre-made Maxian pets). This folder also contains the Family/Relations/etc files for the populated lots of the Katt & Kim Families. So if I use a cleaned P001 Neighborhood file, they will no longer be available.

I can "fix" the Katt/Kim thing fine: I just packaged their Lots & can install them later.

The problem is what to do about keeping Cyd, Porthos, Danny & Sarah.

If I throw them all together on a lot & package them (I can use different teleporting tricks to get Danny & Sarah into the families I actually want them with) I will have to re-install the Lot before creating every single Base Hood as Occupied Lots can only be installed once. While this is "do-able", it's gonna be rrrreeeeaaalllyyy tedious.

I am wondering, A) if there is anyway to make a semi-clean P001 Neighborhood package, which still has the Sims I want in it or B) is there another way to get Cyd & the gang to show up in all my Hoods?

So....any ideas?