View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 04:51 PM   #2
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 1: The Franks Family

When I first started playing, I was messing around in Strangetown and became enamored with Ophelia Nigmos. She's the poor girl who is living with her doomed-to-die die aunt at the mausoleum. You've probably met her--dark skin, blonde hair, totally gorgeous; and very nice.

I wanted to rescue Ophelia from her plight so that's when I created the three Franks Brothers. I figured she was bound to hit it off with one of those boys. She ended up marrying Tommy Franks and thus was born the Franks family.

The Frankses

Like 90% of my characters, the Frankses are all Family sims. I like to play family sims because they have the least neurotic aspirations.

Tommy Franks (blue shirt) is married to Ophelia Nigmos (kneeling). They have one teenage son, Tommy Jr (gray shirt with orange stripe).

Bobby Franks (getting smooched) married Lorna Geieffies (red coat). They don't have any kids yet because the household is full. Bobby is a general in the army. Lorna is a doctor.

Carl Franks (purple sweater) married Donna Powers (another purplish sweater). They have one teenage son, Carl Jr (red shirt).

The Frankses were my viewpoint characters for a long time. When I first created Happy Valley, I made a copy of Franks Ranch from Strangetown and imported the whole family (three brothers, their wives, and two sons) into Happy Valley.

Two generations of Frankses later, they had become the most influential social and political force in Happy Valley. Every time I added a new family, I befriended them to someone in the Franks family as quickly as possible, so everybody was friends with them.

The later generations were lost when the bomb hit, but I was able to rescue the family as you see it here from a previous backup. So their story starts anew at the point where Happy Valley was first created.

Incidentally, they earned most of that $8,953,173 in their bank account. All the adults were well along in their careers before they started making babies back when they were living in Strangetown. They also acquired considerable chunks of wealth through matrimony -- Donna and Lorna both come from very wealthy families and brought fabulous amounts of money with them.

Nowadays, Bobby and Lorna are the only adults who still have jobs. Tommy Jr and Carl Jr are also both working, well past earning their Overachiever rating.

You might recognize many of the lots visible in this screen shot. North is to the upper right in the picture.

If you follow Franks Ranch Road up to its north end, you'll see Manse Orleans where Gregsim lives with his family at 229 N Franks Ranch Road.

Next door to Manse Orleans is the Toddulaunga House at 223 N Franks Ranch Road.

Walk one block north and one block east from the Franks Ranch and you'll come to Downtown Happy Valley. The entrance to the main downtown lot is at 101 N Happy Valley Road. Main Street and Happy Valley Road are the dividing lines between north and south, and east and west, respectively.

From that point I use a consistent lot-numbering scheme throughout, counting one lot square as one house number. Even numbers are west and south side of the street; even numbers on the north and east. So if a 3-square lot is at 100 N Happy Valley Road, the next lot to the north would be three even numbers up from there at 106 N Happy Valley Road.

Next to the (i) symbol in the Franks family window is the Stewart house at 215 S Happy Valley Road. You can download it from this message. That's in the thread entitled Sim has a job but her ride doesn't show up in the Sims 2 Bugs & Patches forum.