View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 02:26 AM   #2
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

In fact, I'll start.

It's kind of fun to see how my style has changed since I started posting the Tales of Happy Valley almost exactly three years ago on March 28, 2005. It began with posts that were mostly just notes about what was happening in my game. A chapter typically had only one picture accompanied by a few sentences of text.

Then, as the plot and the characters developed, the chapters got longer and the images more plentiful. At the same time, the references to the game dwindled to near zero, with only the occasional answer to the frequently asked question, "How the heck did you get the game to do that?"

By the time the Tales had expanded in the saga of one Miss Anja Vanderspeigle*, I was using a dozen or more images in each episode and the chapters often as not spanned half a dozen episodes. Nowadays I invest a heck of a lot more time in what the characters are thinking and feeling, and in developing the plot as the story continues.

----------
*Sorry kids; Anja's story is, necessarly, posted on my adult site. Anja is a stripper by profession, you see; besides, I was getting tired of having to edit in censor snakes every time a lady left her shirt off. Since the story was originally posted on an adult site for the entertainment of an adult audience, it (not surprisingly) contains material that might not be appropriate for minors. That means you'll have to look elsewhere for your anatomy lessons. But hey, consider yourself lucky! Today you have the Internet! In my time, all we had was National Geographic!