View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 10:09 PM   #1
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Default Seasons "Want Slot" Troubles

Well, I finally got Sims 2 onto my new PC & have run into a strange little glitch involving continuing "blank" want slots.

Back on my old PC (in my pre-seasons days) I only encountered this once: Mary Sue Pleasant would have 1 blank want slot when I first loaded the Pleasant home, but once she came home from work that day everything was peachy. There were NO other problems with any other Sims/Lots or Hoods.

This time though I'm having a re-occuring problem that- near as I can figure out- seems to be tied into the Goth lot. The 1st time I loaded/played, Cassandra had only 1 "working" want slot. When I "upgraded" her with MATYs Lot De-Bugger (as I usually do) she got her new "6-slot" pannel, but 5 of them were black & had a lock on them! (This was NEVER the problem with Mary Sue! I have never seen "blacked-out" slots before! )

So- after playing a bit more with other lots- I gave up & swapped my current N1 folder with one I had made right after I installed the game. (Totaly fresh copy. )

This time it was Mortimer with the glitch (he was only "missing" 2 slots) and again, I got the weird blacked-out/locked slot look. However after moving Mortimer out & onto another lot, he's doing just fine....but after going back to play with Cassandra (still on the Goth lot) I now find she has suddenly come up with 2 blank slots! Also, she has a morbid fear of having a party (1000 point Aspiration hit) and also WANTS to have a party (2000 point Aspiration bonus) at the same time!

Any thoughts?

I've used both the Lot De-Bugger & InSIM to "refresh" wants (which they both claim will fix the whole blank slot thing) with no results.

I have all the offical Maxis Patches (including the new Pets & Seasons ones) installed aswell.

I'm kinda hoping there's a way to fix this without trying a complete re-install!

-ZW

(Oh yes, whenever I load the Goth house, the game automatically sets it's self to "pause" instead of "normal speed" for some reason. That's also leading me to belive it's somehow lot specific.)