View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 04:55 AM   #17
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

Aha! Yes, I like the DEST feature. It's incredibly convenient to be able to just spawn what I want when I want it. That means that I do have installed some globals that might possibly be related to the problems people are reporting with Bon Voyage.

It makes sense that the OBJ version would be less likely to have a conflict with an expansion pack. The DEST version would need to install some global code that works for all sims and is ever-present in the game.

Nevertheless, I've found that the Insimenator is the most stable and reliable collection of game hacks I've ever seen. I thank you once again for prodding me to give it a go.

I always read bug reports with a high degree of skepticism. As often as not, someone will experience an anomaly in the game and then go barking up the wrong tree, and then the hyenas gather. I've even done that myself--speculated that a problem might be due to a certain hack only to be astounded by the number of people who will suddenly pop up with the Knowing Voice Of Authority to agree, only to learn that they were talking through their collective hat.

Once upon a time I feared that Jenflowers Teen Woohoo 6 hack had created The Bomb That Wiped Out Happy Valley, only to learn in subsequent investigation that nope, it was a bug in the core game; Maxis software. I must have posted two dozen disclaimers in response to the All-Knowing Hyenas after that one.