View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 02:53 AM   #11
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Interesting...

I took a look at my Liquorice skintone & it claims to be 2,333 KB in size. I have a couple others that list as being over 4,000 KB (4,656 KB is the largest) that are being read by the CL Tool with no problem. I think I'll try your Body Shop idea to see if I can get it to play nice...otherwise, I guess I will have to stick with only using it on new CAS Sims, which is "do-able", but kind of a bummer.

I am planning on replacing the Maxian S1, S2, S3 & S4 skins with ones that allow for hair on babies...if I can be 100% certain I am replacing the right tone with the right replacement!

I always thought that it went:
S1= Light, S2= Tan, S3= Medium & S4= Dark

However when I was playing around with the CL Tool in game, I noticed that when I swapped to the different Maxis default tones, it was clearly:
S1= Light, S2= Medium, S3= Tan & S4= Dark, as far as "lightest-to-darkest" was concerned!

I may have to take my chances & match the Tan/Medium tones visually & hope for the best.

As for the other defaults, I plan on leaving them alone & "manually" switching relevant Sims to use a brilliant set of Maxis-match Alien, Were Wolf, Plant Sim, Wilt Plant Sim, Zombie & Mannequin skins that allow for infants to be born with said skintones. (I'm still deciding what to do- if anything- about my Vampires. Just not sure about the "blue hue" thing...)

Think I'll fire up Body Shop & see what damage I can do to that Liquorice skin...

-ZW

***UPDATE***

Well, whatdaya know; it worked! Even has a tool tip & everything! (I renamed it Ebony though...)

Had a brief moment of panic when I got the "Horrible Fog Horn Of Death" sound & was told by the CL Tool that it couldn't access the Custom Skintone Selector file (even though it still coughed up the ID numbers) until I remembered that I had set the thing to be Read Only after my last use. (I do that with all my Downloads. Gonna Have to remember to let the Skintone Selector pass by!)

I feel kind of bad since I am technically "messing" with someone else's creation...but then again, if that creation was broken- at least for my purposes- & I don't upload it anywhere, I think I should be okay.

Now if I can just figure out how in the heck someone managed to get hair attached to the infant skins...

Last edited by Zirconia Wolf : 07-27-2008 at 03:30 AM. Reason: update
Zirconia Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote