View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 03:08 PM   #9
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Well, dad's surgery went off without a hitch. No signs of cancer (so far) so that's a good thing too! Today (Tuesday) marks day 7 of his hospital adventure, & he's getting anxious to come home!

Sita; in addition to Spirited Away (as far as Japaneses style animation goes) I have seen Howl's Moving Castle, The Castle In The Sky & Princess Moninoki (not sure I spelled it correctly...or even if it's a Studio Ghibli film...)

The Castle In The Sky was (to me) the weakest of the bunch (didn't feel quite as polished) but the others I adore. Being a wolf fanatic (duh!) I have a special affection for Princess Moninoki, especially when Jillian Anderson (who voiced the "Wolf Goddess" in the American dubbed version) delivers the lovely speech about wanting to "...bite that fool woman's head off" as her dying act. (Love, love, LOVE that line! Guess you have to see the movie & be a wolf advocate to understand...my apologies to those who are reading this & saying "what the @#$% is she blathering about now???") I know alot of the American movie going public just doesn't "get" the Japanese way/kind of stories, but I love the imagination & depth they have.

I haven't seen Kiki's Delivery Service or My Neighbor Totoro, as sis & I aren't sure if they're too "kiddie" for us...but then again, we're fans/collectors of Pixar flicks, so it's not like I can say we will NEVER see them...

...and with that, this thread has been officially hijacked!

-ZW