View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 02:30 PM   #6
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Thanks for the well-wishes & kind words!

Dad has surgery at 9:30-ish this morning, so sis & I will be leaving in about an hour to be there, for whatever good it does.

Sita, I like the sound of your "game life"...& unlike Greg, I think I will opt for a lush guy! (I like the idea of pre-house trained Toddlers too! If they actually came that way in RL, I think I may have been convinced to give the "motherhood" thing a try!)

Oh- in keeping with the "rains/pours" theme (or maybe "it could be worse"?) at 6:30 pm last night I got a call from one of my Wood Carving instructors. Just as I was about to explain why I hadn't been at class last Tuesday (that's the night Dad first landed in the ER) he explained that he was calling in order to let me know that class was canceled for this next week...

...because he just lost his wife of 40+ years...
...to a ruptured colon...
...that his wife had been afraid was her cancer returning, so had delayed seeing the Doctors.

I decided not to say anything about my father's up-coming (colon/intestinal) surgery & the fact that the the reason he had an MIR of his liver was because they were trying to rule out Colon Cancer as an option. Instead, I told him how truly sorry I was & hung up the phone.

Sis & I went back to watching our "dinnertime DVD" of the evening (Spirited Away, as we are animation junkies) & watched as the falling snow outside tried it's darnedest to stick, despite it being mid April.

I think that the main reason sis & I want to be at the Hospital for dad's surgery is to get the hell away from that @#$! phone & the @#$! news it keeps on bringing us...

-ZW