View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 03:10 AM   #16
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
As in the physical device used to burn CDs?

Scary.
Yes, that's exactly right.

Once you get SecuROM on your computer you will be unable to use any reader/writer (burner) drives at all.

The really "fun" part is that when you remove the game that had SecuROM with it you will remove the game but not SecuROM!!!!!! (Funny; I always thought that was the basic definition of a computer virus...)

Getting SecuROM of your computer is a pain in the rear, but it can be done. The easiest thing to do- of course- is to keep the bloody thing of your PC in the first place, which is why anyone interested in BV & latter packs should get to know the FarLight no-cd exe site real well. They work wonders! (SecuROM is only installed the first time you actually play the infected game from the original exe file.)

My sister was blind sided by a game she recently purchased & asked me for help as she new about the whole Sims/BV thing. I sent her the removal link & one to the (FarLight) no-cd exe for her game. She's happily SecuROM free now!

As for me, I am still in the process of getting ready for BV (RL is interfering right now) but when I do make the leap I have the FarLight site bookmarked already...