View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 02:18 PM   #1
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Default Next EP Available For Pre-Release

Yep, it's official.

The official site is now taking orders for the next (last?) Sims 2 Expansion Pack, Free Time. (Why they didn't stick with "Hobbies" is a mystery to me.)

Yes, that's right: the EP which by all accounts was originally not due out until mid spring of 2008 can now be pre-ordered. Since the average pre-order (in my experience) is usually only a couple of months or so out from the release date- which would bring us up to February/March/maybe April- I am wondering:

A) since when is April considered mid spring?
B) can a game have it's ITA moved up that far & not be even buggier than normal? (Or are they just gonna leave people hanging forever on the pre-order list?)

Anyway, here's the link: http://thesims2.ea.com/about/ep7_index.php

I have to admit that several of the new features/screen shots have me curiously hopeful. For example the bird watching & car restoration look fun. Also, one of the screen shots shows a female Adult Sim surrounded by several Toddlers in what is very clearly meant to be (or at least look like) a Preschool setting!

Yes, I know: the game hasn't actually been released yet & odds are it will have problems. Still, one can dream can't they?