View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 12:28 AM   #15
shorty943
Banned

Sorry folks, been busy again.

Greg, the brand name usage is very much a thing of British culture, we only hear that kind of thing from British Immigrants here.
All small cars are "mini's", etc. Mainly the so called "lower" classes. You know the ones, the "we don't need no education" generation. And they don't even understand they are actually right, because a double negative cancels itself. They sorely do need education.
The Aussie 4WD driver, had just turned from a side street onto a main road, and got clocked by a portable radar unit.
We have also had local passenger buses clocked at over 60 MPH, going up hill, in vehicles that are speed limited to under 50 MPH, electricity supply poles clocked at over the speed limit, you name it. All the same problems, mainly the "rats ring" attitude of an over self promoted public service. The government body concerned, is the authority don't you know, how dare you challenge them, you insolent little taxpayer you.

I think Bayer still have the copyright on the Aspirin name here. Then there is Panadol, for any Paracetamol based product. Even though Panadol is a brand name. For pain I use the original "witches Aspirin", dried bark of one year old Silax Alba, the white willow, is chock a block full of natural Salicylic acid. Aspirin. Make a tea, sweeten with honey, no more headache. I also cultivate the Flanders Field Poppy for the very same reason. It is a pale cousin of the opium poppy, and is a wonderful natural pain reliever, with out the nasty unwanted effects of its bigger Asiatic cousin.

Here, most soft drinks are called by their proper names. As an aside, in my home state, Coca Cola Amatil, are beside themselves. We are the only place in the entire world, where "Coke" is not the number one beverage. Here in South Aussie, our local "Farmers Union Iced Coffee" out sells every thing else on the market. Poor Hokey Cokey Cola people.

What else, oh yes, who invented "googling", and I'm loving it. What idiot thinks adding "ing" to a noun changes it into verb. That seems to be a very Californicated idea.
Google is a corporate name, not a bloody verb. One might do a "google search". But, the act of performing a "google?, what the hell is that? I also detest the Wiki, and I have found a site even worse than that. Never let namespot.com find out you are alive. Like the Wiki, it is freely editable by anyone and therefore rife with lies and misinformation. Our politicians are now not too keen on Wiki. It appears their names are in that "encyclopedia", and any body at all can edit any entry to their hearts content. In my opinion, the Wiki is not at all to be trusted as any kind of authouratative reference, ever. Typical of the younger generation, just a sign of contempt for the accepted norms.
"We know you are right, but, you have to say it in the way we want to hear it", seems to be the mind set of youth today. Sorry kiddies, but any other words will not mean the same thing.

Anyhow, I hope all are well, I have a bus to finish, it's coming along nicely. The main engineering work is now finished, and we start the re-skinning this weekend. Then there is only the frou frou inside to do.

Last edited by shorty943 : 08-29-2007 at 12:35 AM.
shorty943 is offline   Reply With Quote