Thread: Shuttle mission
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 11:17 AM   #37
shorty943
Banned

It's okay Mike, I tend to be a bit Dave Allen like, I'll go off like a rocket, but you should see the huge cheeky grin I'm wearing.

The problem lies with the media mind set, sorry Mike, but there seems to be an attitude of "good news is no news". At least in the "less well regarded?" tabloids.

I know I've learned more from Greg than I do at the NASA site. Or the media.
Oh damn, Greg does that mean we have to shoot both of us?

Good to see the landing on local news tonight, all home safe and sound. Good vision as well, I watched the heat shimmer on the belly as she rolled down to nose wheel touch. Man, she gets hot coming in.
Local news this morning, the anchorman was chattering about how they come in from so far away and land on that tiny little runway. He is right, but.
I almost emailed the network and said "Yeah, and they do it dead stick to buddy". but I didn't think they would understand she comes home as a glider. Oh yes, they are damned good flyers.

All the eyes and ears is just an extension of maritime practice. Factor of safety of three.
Triple redundancy, and a spare just in case. The simplified reason of course.

Looking at that, it makes you wonder why I chose to race speedway sidecars. Take one powerful sport motorcycle, modify the hell out of the engine to get even more power, then remove all the brakes and go racing around a dirt oval track at over 100 MPH.

Space travel is safe, compared to that lunacy.
shorty943 is offline   Reply With Quote